Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Progress is being made...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Shaggy, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, just have to vent real quick. Why does EVERYTHING have to be som damn difficult!? Normally I can assemble outers in about 30 minutes each, but today one side took me like 4 hours! Everything that could have gone wrong, did. Brakes didn't want to go on, paint wouldn't stick to the calipers, just about smashed my thumb to a pulp (it's still purple), the Warn lockouts don't fit into the hubs and Warn is shutdown until the 6th. Drives me crazy. There's about a quart of brake fluid on my garage floor right now because of my own stupidity too. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Anyways, the good thing is that the axles are pretty much assembled. Brakes are all installed, I just need to get two bolts so I can mount the right rear caliper. I put the old ones somewhere where I wouldn't forget them, but I forgot them. Hopefully I can find a pair, last time I needed some I remember having a hard time. Also need to bleed the brakes, but I was going to build a power-bleeder to do that.

On a side note, god DAMN these D60 hubs take alot of grease! I ended up putting about 3/4 of a can in each one! Granted I put alot of grease in, packed all the recesses inside the hub, but still. I used to do that on my D44 too and one can got me through 2 rebuilds and I still had some left over.</font color>

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Progress rocks. The best part is when it's no longer progress....But a completed job. You're gonna be flyin like a kite when ya finally get to drive that thing after 2 years. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I can't wait to see it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Do you need the caliper mount bolts???? Are they the same as my 71 K20 Front??? If so I have some...... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> They're probably the same, if they're a long allen bolt with threads about 3/4" long near the head, and then just a smooth shaft for another few inches, then that's them. I'll try to find some locally and if I don't have any luck then I'll take you up on them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks! </font color>

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

After you get all the bugs worked out, find me a Dana 60, come down this way and show me how to hang it.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. ChevyDrivnRdneck

well......let me know!!!!! If all else fails the parts warehouse I used to work at has them for 5 bucks or so.....that way you can have new ones /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Evan did you find them? I got new one with my rebuilt calipers and still have the old ones fron the D44

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Haven't looked yet, Bruce. I'm going to be working on the truck again tomorrow and Tuesday, I'll call around tomorrow morning to see what I can find. Thanks! </font color>

9. ChevyDrivnRdneck

Shaggy, did ya find the mount bolts for your brakes??

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, I found them at Winchester Auto for $8. Now I need to find a master cylineder cap though, I may end up buying a whole m/c to get one since they're only $12. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

11. ChevyDrivnRdneck

That makes sense.......then you'll have an extra if anything happens
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Shaggy I may have a old MC in my garage.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Cool, if you can spare the cap for it I'd be grateful. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Plus I'd let you borrow the power bleeder that I make with it if you ever need it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

14. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

What I have is the old MC out of my old '77 K20 that's long gone. Don't know if it's the same style as yours.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> It probably is, mine is a 78 and I haven't heard of any changes between 77 and 78. Metal cap, 2 reservoirs, the rear one being about half the size of the front? </font color>

16. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well come on down and get it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yep, I should be able to make it by this weekend when I go to my Mom's house. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>