Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Progress PICS!!!D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazd88, Jul 11, 2005.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

almost done with dana 60 DRW swap crossover steering and hummer beadlocks.Still have a little to do on crossover and have to swap the rest of the tires over to the beadlocks and paint the beadlocks as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

good lord thats alot of rust :eek1:

3. chevyk5blazer666

chevyk5blazer666 Registered Member

sorry but in pic two it looks like the jack Handel is going up ur ass

4. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

:haha: I wish I had your garage. Sorry for laughing at the jack handle.

5. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

i never noticed that. By the way its my room mate in the pic. Its not actually rust its been sitting under a truck thats been in a west texas field for about five years so its just caked dirt. As soon as i get it in with new seals i will get my pressure washer on it and make it pretty. also while im on the subject how about a whats it worth question. I found another K30 its a single cab daully 4x4 with a 454, sm465,205 body has no rust but the rear dually fenders are toast and so is the interior. the motor fires right up and seems to run great something in the drive line is wrong he said its either the clutch or the transfer case. What should i offer him i was thinking $1500 or so. What do yall think?

6. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

1st of all i gotta say WOW you got a small fourtune in tires in that shop the progress looks good are you going to run dual rear wheels? also on the truck your looking at buying figure a max price you can pay for it start way low then go up from there based on the guys reaction i say this because i got both my 1 tons (85 single wheel & 78 dual wheel 4x4's) complete minus the dually bed for $500 they both had 454-sm465-205 and ran after a little tinkering

balzer

7. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

ya the tires are a pain 7-38.5/14.5/16.5s three of which are almost at wear indicaters 1 new 38.5/12.5/16.5 and four military 36inch wranglers. I am staying single wheel in the back just kept finding deals i couldnt pass up on tires now i never have to worry about a spare i guess lol. what do yall think on color for the wheels? as you can see i recently painted the lower prtion of my truck olive drab green(kept seeing white blazers everywhere) so i was thinking for the wheels olive drab and cammo tan. wheels being green and the beadlocks being tan. thoughts?

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

your garage is too big, send it to me :haha:

9. metto

metto Registered Member

2nd that
    are you running recentered hummers or standard 7in BS

10. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

Hay man nice truck and gar. is that a bronco sneaking up behind you :wink1:

11. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

the rims are stock 7 inch backspacing hummer beadlocks on a DRW dana 60. the rear is a van width 14ff wich will soon be getting 2 inch spacers as soon as my pockets recover from all this. Behind me is a international scout whick is my room mates. he had a blazer but then he got that stuff you cant wash off with ajax and steel wool, a jeep. i give him a hard time and he is now regreting it after seeing mine progress so far.
    anyone had anythoughts on rim color yet?