Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Progress report

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Paxx, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Running out of time but I'm getting there. Just finished my quick release doors, all new windows, re-assembled my d60(just need to install it), installed the detroit in the rear, aimed the headlights, new clutch spring.

Now I just need to install the new tach, install the 60, get my d-shaft modified, replace a brake cylinder, swap the carb, install the ORD steering brace, replace fan and powersteering belts, buy an el cheapo cd player and I should be good to go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Not too much work there, sounds real close. Good luck! Are you towing or driving the K5? Did you happen to replace the king pin springs on the 60?

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Looks like you have a few hard weeks in front of you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm down to figuring out what the heck is wrong with my hydro assist and changing out a few bolts.

4. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Mine is together but I have a nasty tranny leak. I think I pinched the O-ring when I mounted the doubler. I need to mount up some shocks and install some bump stops.

5. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I'm going to be driving the rig down there. No tow rig for me yet. As far as the kingpins I will be ordering new springs from GM on Monday. I'm really feeling the pinch both time and money wise. I need to get this together in time to take it out and test wheel it.

Got the tach in yesterday though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Sandman

Crunch Time! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I still have to mount the ram. Got the rest figured out. I also need to vent the Fuel cell. I ended up having a bad weekend with a tapped hydo box going bad and having to drill and tap an entire new box. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Sandman

That should make for a long drive! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. seandiego619

seandiego619 Registered Member

Yeah, ive been workin my ass off trying to get ready for this trip, New radiator, trans cooler, master cylinder, lights and CB. Just finished welding metal together of create a new latch for spare tire gate. All i need to do now is rebuild the carb and clean up some wiring and and see if i can get the chicky to confirm on the trip...oh yeah and some kinda higher power and im there!

Hey you guys put extra Trany fluid in when you wheel?

9. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That should make for a long drive! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha your telling me. I just wish I had a set of 36-38" street tires I could throw on for the drive. I'm not looking forward to the wear on my Iroks. I have a set of 31's I could throw on but my RPM's would be through the roof on the highway. Oh well not much I can do about it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh and I was wondering should I be ordering new bushings at the same time as the springs or will it matter?

10. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

In answer to your question I run a manual tranny and I don't overfill it ever. I also have a couple of friends with autos and they never do either. I don't think that it is good for the transmission to do so. I wouldn't recommend it.

11. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I washed and greased the buggy. I even went as far as pulling my rocker panels off and inspecting nuts and bolts while looking for any signs of bad stuff. Nothing wrong so it should be on the trailer next Sunday night waiting for my departure on Thurs evening.