Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Progress Report

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Well I got the springs on, axles in tires on it. Still need to finish the brakes front and rear, hook up the driveshafts and my steering arm came in today so I gotta put that on.

Before
    [​IMG]

After: (crappy pic camera acting up
    [​IMG]

Tires look REAL small they are 36" military tires but barely measure 35". The 36" IROKS will fill out the wells much better will post better pics when camera stops screwing up.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

looks good. the 36 iroks measure out to 37s. what axles and gears you running?

3. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I really like the tires, and I think they fill out the wells in a respectable, I don't have to worry about my sheet-metal, kind of way. Wish you were a little closer, I have a hood in primo shape for your truck I've been trying to sell. :deal:

4. Quackaddict

yeah that is why I want the 36" IROKS they measure 36.8 dang near an actual 37" tire. They military tires look real small with the lift on but hey just gives room for articulation right now the IROKS will look a lot better I think.

I am got a 3/4 ton (8 lug) 10bolt and 14boltSF with 4:10's out of an 81 K20. According to all the calculators I have looked at and used 4:10's return me to my stock ratio as far as the engine and RPM's etc. I guess 4:56's or 4:88's would be nice but this is a budget build and the 4:10's were already in the axle and should work pretty good along with saving me the money regear would cost. Engine has an upgraded cam as well for some more low end torque.

5. Quackaddict

Yeah I agree that is the only reason I was contemplating 35X14 Boggers. A picture from the side would show it better there is a lot of room with the tires on it now but not so much room that the tires look small..make sense?

6. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

did your rear shocks come with new studs?

looks good.

want to talk about small tires

View attachment 28161

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  7. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Absolutely. I think it looks good now, and if you take those meats off you'll have to give them to me. :p:

I really like the way my tires fill up the wheel wells now, and considering the only problem I have with them is the fronts being able to contact the fender, I'd leave it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the truck will look even better with 52's up front and 56's out back. I'd use ORD zero rates if I thought the 1" they could buy me would be enough, but I don't think it would be. But also there is nearly no flex from the front, so I suppose I should go with the 52's :haha:

If I have any problems with fenders at that point it's going to be fixed with a little bit of "cut & paste". If you look through my album you can see my pics of channeling my front fender fang. :pimp: Figure I could move the rear of the arch back so it would be flush with the fire wall or so, attach the inner fenders to the fire wall a little more flush and higher up cutting off some of that excess sheet, and then I have plenty of "extra" fender "flare" from my channeling project, should be able to make it look nice-n-stock.

Anyone done anything to get more flex out front with little-to-no lift?