Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Project 383 build

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by CaveBlazin, Jul 16, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok here's the latest pics of the engine actually I have the cam and timing stuff in now but have not got the pics yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

looks good Spence, been waiting for that to go together to help me make the discison /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Oh yea nice pic, trying to look busing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. CaveBlazin

Yeah I gotta look like I at least helped put the engine together. Anyone wanna help LMAO!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    So you gonna build one I could help its fresh in my head and I can get you a great deal on the kit I got...

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Who made the kit, what is the total price you have in that thing anyway????

5. CaveBlazin

Less than 1500 bucks I had to buy a few things that were unecessary cause I just had to have them you know the bling bling effect. The complete kit was $550 but that was with everything minus your rods. It came with the arp rod bolts,cam,pistons,piston rings,crank,gasket kit,Valve springs,guides,pushrods,keepers, seals,lifters,cam rod and main bearings, and a kitchen sink. The machine work was around $600 and that included bore,acid dip,complete internal/external balance, shot peen rods and recondition them, 3 angle valve job w/ deck resurfacing(head job) install cam bearing and freeze plugs o yeah and he inspected the block for cracks or any other problems. All together it was a screaming deal basically a brand new engine for $1500. I can give ou more details if you need it. /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif