Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Project 70's longbed C/10 PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by juanblzer, May 26, 2002.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Project 70\'s longbed C/10 PLEASE HELP!

I just inherited my dead grandfathers old truck. I would like to restore it. Any ideas? The body is okay but I will need to weld in some floor repair panels.
    Things I want to fix (if possible):
    manual to power steering
    no power to power brakes
    fuel tank behind the seat to fuel tank elsewhere

I'm new to trucks of this model. I have an 85' blazer but this truck has a lot of history and I really want it to turn out right. All help is greatly appreciated. I'm thinking of doing a frameoff but making it into a slight prerunnerish truck. THanks

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Re: Project 70\'s longbed C/10 PLEASE HELP!

TTT

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Best bet on the power steering is to find a donor truck w/ power steering and take all the components off of it. I did that when switching my Firebird from power to manual steering. Not all the parts are still made since some parts are non wearing items. As for the power brakes, probably best bet is to go with an aftermarket company so you can get a new master cylinder, booster, and disk brakes. As for the gas tank, most people put a fuel cell in the bed.

Dan

4. potatoman

potatoman Newbie

you can also get a blazer tank, and make a hatch in the floor of the truck bed

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Dude, C10 I'm thinking air bags with dubs!! The fuel tank I've seen people put blazer tanks in the rear and do a hindged marker light for the filler neck. If pre-runner style is what you like theres' tons of stuff to do. Is the truck a 6 or 8cyl.?