Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Project BAD LUCK Has finnaly begun

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BAD LUCK 79', Aug 5, 2002.

1. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

I'm finnaly on leave and i've got the entire front end of the truck apart... GOD i've got alot of work ahead of me... most of the cancer i'll have fixed by wed... but the rocker pnls and such are gonna take a bit more.... anyone got any good tips for beefing up the rockers and the floorboards...(with pics would help)... i'm thinking of getting some angle or c-channel and building a frame on each side to beef up the rockers... and then just weld the outter rocker in place for looks.... that way i'm not relying on the stock sheet metal to take the beating.... after that it's just basic surface rust untill i get inside.. then i've got a few holes here and there to weld up..... but for the most part she's still intact... not bad for a 23 year old florida rig.... oh and if anyone has anything else i might not notice right off hand.. let me know what areas might be bad... that way i can give them a complete inspect....... the whole fire wall,inner fender,front clip, and fender wells are getting cleaned,primed,and undercoated... along with any part of the frame i can reach for the time being.... at least till i pull the motor in about 2 more weeks... as soon as i get my pics developed i'll post them .....

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats on getting started /forums/images/icons/smile.gif keep us posted /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

hell the funny part is i've had the k-5 for over a year now... just doin a little here and a little there... but i just haven't had time to do anything major till now.... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif .. but that's ok... i took a month worth of leave and i'm gonna spend it in the driveway getting all my body work finished so the wife can see it's going somewhere, and she won't just be pissed that it's in her parking spot... (it's in the carport..) oter than that a week long trip to WVa to visit family and go parts hunting.... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Look for tRusty pics in the members rides. He cut out his rockers and welded in tubing in their place for sliders.

Congrats on getting started and good luck. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif