Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

project big blaze from trucks for sale

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1979Jimmy, May 21, 2002.

1. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$18,000.00 they can keep it. it must be that 10 bolt frount to get the price up that high. no matter who built it. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

With that kind of money I could build a hard core trail machine and a trailer to put it on, then with the money left over I could buy a truck to pull the whole thing.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i MUST say..thats one nice truck..looks JUST like what i had in mind for mine..red and everything..but like the other guy said..hell no for 1800...i would rather go out and buy almost brand new 4x4 chevy!! lol..

Bryan-later

5. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Damn thats EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!! It's a nice rig but get real. If I remember right, I don't think it even has interior.

6. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

They put a new dash pad on and seat covers but they just dyed the rest of the interior black

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

You can build a better, more trail reliable truck for a lot less money.

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Hmm, let's do the math on some of the stuff and see what it totals up to:

$5000 - New ram-jet 350 injected crate motor
    $1500 - 700R4 automatic,
    $3500 - Dana 60 rear with ARB air-locker
    $1500? - Custom 10-bolt front converted to 30 spline with posi,
    $2200 - Atlas II 3.8 transfer case
    $600 - 6 inch lift
    $1700 - 37x12.50 tries (included wheels in that price)
    $1500? - New paint,
    $1000? - Interior (I'm figuring seats, dashpad, carpet, etc)
    $3300 - Custom bumpers with winch, (Those freakin bumpers cost a fortune!)
    $ 500 - Soft top
    $ 500? - Custom exhaust
    $ 400 - Cowl induction Hood

That's $23,200, not including the cost of the blazer or any labor. Don't underestimate what it costs to build a really nice ride. If you keep records of all the money that you spend to build one, the final tally can be pretty shocking. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Granted, you can build a truck that looks similar for less, but that thing has some first-class parts installed on it. (Well, other than the stupid 10-bolt front end). /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i doubt they have that much into it, they get a lot of parts for free so they would be lucky to have 1/3 of that into it.

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Agreed. Even if they got stuff free, whoever buys it gets a good deal............

11. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I doubt they got any of it for free. At least in my 10 years of being in the car audio industry and the aftermarket industrie, i tell you hardly anything is free. They may have gotten cost, or even disounts, but i doubt free. Just my .02
    Oh yah, 18000 wont go as far as you think when building a class rig with good components. I am not talking about junkyard picking and the likes. Anyways, thats all

12. Den

Den 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats true D but we dont get them advertising either.....think about it.... do you think Dale Jr. has bought a Budwiser in the last few yrs????LOL I doubt it.....

13. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

I followed the buildup of that Blazer on the Trucks show, and watched it go offroading. Its really a nice truck, too rich for my blood, but I guarantee it'll sell to someone for 18,000.

14. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I don't think that is to bad of a price considering all the high dollar stuff thats on it I wouldn't buy it but someone probably will. You couldn't build the exact truck for that much. I've just never understood the 10 bolt. If they were over budget i would've ditched the bumpers and got a D60

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Remeber this was done for a show so any part that was put on the truck and shown on the show was probably donated by the company that makes it for the advertising it generated. That truck money wise just has price of the truck and labor in it. Still a deal for all the parts it has in it at $18k. Remember all those parts are NEW or rebuilt not used stuff like a lot of use do.
    There are plenty of folks on this site that have that kind of money in their rigs. I wheel with a guy that has a Jeep he bought new. It has Warn coil over on it, Ox's front and back. He's in the $40K range with the original purchase of the vehicle ($20k) when you add up all the parts not even count the fact that some old lady pulled out in front of him and totaled it. Had then have all the gear swapped to another frame with a new front clip. It's not as hard to get that kind of money tied up into a truck.

16. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The point was that none of us here could build that truck for $18K. We'd have to pay retail for all those high end parts. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Sad thing is, some doctor or lawyers son will want it and knows nothing about jacked up trucks.
    He will take it off road the very first time to show off and try to impress his "high class" friends and roll it or whatever. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

18. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

1700 for those wheels and tires? Last I knew you couldn't even get those 37 12.50 MTR's for less than 450 a piece...especially when they were put on that truck.

19. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

eh...it's not built for what I want to do...

I'm sure someone would enjoy it though /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

20. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

actually, you can get mtr's now for under $200 a piece.