Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

project "Buget Blazer update 2/20

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by supersize75k5, Feb 8, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

project \"Buget Blazer update 2/20

I figure rather that make 50 post over the next few months I might as well put them in one post rather than start a new one every time I wash it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I wasted do much money on blazer # 1 that I figure I should be cheap on this one while still getting where I want. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

anyways...

to start it off, when I first got her...

-stock as a rock, newer 350 crate, new sm465, all new body panels and bran new paint..$2000.00 after every thing and came with a full tank /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif, floor need to be replaced... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    then I got it home, the next day I added some tires & wheals from "bigyellowjimmy" then spent about 6 hours detailing the exterior. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cost tally...

Blazer .....$2000.00
    tires/rims...$160.00

total 2160.00 and growing

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Re: project \"Buget Blazer\" has started.....hehe

uh oo here we go again! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Yoiu promis not to roll this one? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Nice looking truck!!!

3. supersize75k5

Yea I want to take it easy for a while, I plan to "calm it down" some and just enjoy my trucks, easy to keep them going when you are acting immature.

love the stick too /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

off to AutoZone /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. antta99

antta99 Registered Member

Nice truck! Keep the updates coming Im intrested. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You learning to crawl that 465/208 like I told you? looks like it. Clutch is fun isn't it. Make sure you ckeck the fluid in that 208 ASAP. Look for metal and it will probably be underfilled since most of them leak.

Harley

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Floor needed replaced? What, did it have a couple spots of surface rust?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hah..i bet that floor aint that bad /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif awesome lookin blazer though!! please keep it that way! haha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

they are actually in pretty bad shape. It was an ohio truck. I saw it the other day. Body panels are good but the floor is pretty trashed. Interior needs alot of work.

Harley

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What rearend ? If its gov-locked 10 bolt I'd put in bigyellowjimmy's 12 bolt and a lockrite. I put in a 12 bolt from a 73 in my 83, and ordered a locker. Now got to get it and have Marv help me put it in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. supersize75k5

Harley...

I practiced on crawling OMG how cool!

I freaking love sticks! spent a few hours out at sicamore today just crawling around at a couple of MPH it was as fun as driving fast in the other blazer! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

the crawl ratio rocks!

tonight I am going to do some work to the interior too, just picked up some goodies.

today I replaced..

pcv
    heater hoses
    air cleaner
    radiator
    oil
    sanded and preped the dash and door panels
    fixed the heater and replaced blower motor
    replaced pick up coil
    rotor cap
    vacume lines
    reattached rear view mirror and replaced break bulbs and turn signals

tommarow will be a busy day too /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

and managed to burn up a rear window motor /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. supersize75k5

rear is a 10 bolt, the id tag in the glove box does not list a "locker" so I assume it is no gove lock..

if it isit shure didn't work when I did my granny gear burn out...."I just had to see what it would do".. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

any who.. truck rocks, I am so happy with it, the paint is so nice and it rides ok for stock springs but that *may* be changing.. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

truck has some balls though, I had a friend tell me what to do different and some good pointer with the 4 speed, made a difference and the clutch should last now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

13. pauly383

Did the 33's hit in the front at sycamore today? I ran 32's on mine for a while and only rubbed the inner fenders in the rear end. Couldn't fit new 33's though, truck sits level but front sits too low.

14. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Looks good so far! Let me know if you need me to trim YOUR fenders, ha ha.......What happened to the rear window motor, did it burn up for sure? That needs some serious rewiring /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. supersize75k5

mike...shhhh..that is down the road /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

paul, the 33s rubbed here and ther but the tires are not new so maby only aroundd a 32 or less on true hight, they wont be rubbing soon though /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

and Jeff you can trim my fenders if you bring your cordless sawzaw....you would never get to finish even one fender /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

last night the dash and door panels got some attention...

before..

[​IMG]

then removed cleaned, prepped sanded and painted with a vinal paint.

[​IMG]

I still need to clean up the steering wheel and the console is apart right now, getting ready for paint. Tonight the top comes off since the wondow motor went out, gives me a reason now /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

now I need to find some grey seats, I am thinking van seats or suburben..or maby lether cherekee seats down the line /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

16. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

careful.....I may just show up with a charged battery next time /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Eh, its gonna get hacked, bashed, and rolled shortly...
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    rear is a 10 bolt, the id tag in the glove box does not list a "locker" so I assume it is no gove lock..

if it isit shure didn't work when I did my granny gear burn out...."I just had to see what it would do".. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

any who.. truck rocks, I am so happy with it, the paint is so nice and it rides ok for stock springs but that *may* be changing.. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

truck has some balls though, I had a friend tell me what to do different and some good pointer with the 4 speed, made a difference and the clutch should last now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious...what pointers did your friend give you for the 4 speed? Just wondering since I have one also /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sound of it he stopped riding the clutch /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, I hate hearing people ride it.

20. pauly383

Man that dash looks nice /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif You should do mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hey don't you need 4 inch u-bolts? Should have my lift tonight or tommorrow and I'm not Running blocks ( filp kit thanks Jayson ) /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif