Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Project cheap doubler is a go!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ben427, Apr 28, 2004.

1. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Its falling together nicely now. I picked up an NP435 with a married 203 and a divorced dodge 205 for 300 bucks(CAN). Since i can afford a real doubler im just gonna run the 203 range box with a custom output with a jackshaft to the diverced 205 so i can run equal legnth driveshafts and not need any super pricey adapters. I figure i can get it all done for less than a grand. Im stoked as hell. I just hope itll survive with a big block and boggers /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hahahahahahahahah Jackshaft......

Didn't John Stazack make a cheaper doubler?

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Its falling together nicely now. I picked up an NP435 with a married 203 and a divorced dodge 205 for 300 bucks(CAN). Since i can afford a real doubler im just gonna run the 203 range box with a custom output with a jackshaft to the diverced 205 so i can run equal legnth driveshafts and not need any super pricey adapters. I figure i can get it all done for less than a grand. Im stoked as hell. I just hope itll survive with a big block and boggers /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Let me know how that goes, I have access to a divorced 205 and have wanted to do this for a while.

4. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Are there DIY doubler plans available? I picked up a 203 recently and would like to machine my own parts so I can use the range box.

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I picked up an NP435 with a married 203

[/ QUOTE ]

A Dodge unit? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I'm going to use a divorced 205 (Dodge) as well. Only with a BW t-case off a '95 1-ton (driver's drop). Eliminates the need for a jackshaft. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

yeah its a dodge, I know ill need to do a bit of lathe work on the input bearing retainer and make a pilot bushing, but other than that it should be pretty straigh forward! I'll do a writeup if anyones interested.

7. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

rezzy, i dunno, i never really checked with him. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif