Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Project Coming Along- Check It Out!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by transcore1, Aug 24, 2002.

1. transcore1

transcore1 Registered Member

My project truck is starting to shape up. I lost track of time already but I'm getting results........... Transcore Blazer Project

2. chevy737

chevy737 Registered Member

Wow, you are an inspiration. Seeing trucks like that.. you know built right back up gives someone just starting out (namely me) a shot in the arm and a "if he can do it so can I" attitude. Thanks I look forward to seeing more in the future.

chevy737

3. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

Looking good

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

honestly some day i will buy another chevelle and do it that way. need to find another 69... saw a 69 convert last night... maybe one of those would be ok...
    keep up the good work man. i take it transcore is your business? or you just work for them?
    need any th350's cores?
    grant

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Hey seventy4...so you like chevelles too huh? My dad has a 69 in metalic blue...OMG it is sooooo sweet. My dad wont let me drive it though...something about old people always being paranoid about teenagers and badass cars. But then again the fact that it was his first car may have something to do with his objection... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Now thats something you don't see everyday, a Man's inspiration to get it done, done the right way with no hurries.
    Take you're time man, Us blazermen and Women are watching you. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Michael

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i think 69's are the best, then 65's and after that 68's. i REALY dont like the lights on the 68's same body as the 69, but the lights dont do it for me.
    some day i will have another one.
    grant

8. RockBurb

RockBurb 1/2 ton status

LoL, so im not the only one doing something like this. I decided to taker my rusty suburban and swap it to a rust free K5 body and frame I found for 300 dollars. Took eight days to get where im at now, and where is that? All I have left to do is wire the whole truck, put the driveshafts in, and put some seats in it. Woohoo!

9. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

That is going to look awsome when its done, great work.
    I'm in the middle of the same type of project.
    A rust free body would of made for an easy job, had to do mine the hard way.
    Post pictures when you're finished I'd like to see what a new blazer will look like, mines still a few months from completion.

10. transcore1

Hey Collision, I feel your pain I had to look at your pics one more time to get a flash back. Are you going back silver? I am probably 6 weeks from completion if all goes well. I built a tricked out 700 yesterday. I am in the trans parts business so I used the best of everything and all the new parts I could get.
    Thanks for the encouragement,
    Scott2 Transcore1 K5 Project

11. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

I'll probably go back to silver with a blue insert, 2002 envoy dark blue.When I bought the truck it was that ugly gm light blue, changed to a ford silver six or seven years ago.
    Probably the ford paint that caused all my rust problems(ha ha).I'm just working on the frame today, tossing around the idea of putting a new engine in the thing.I dont want to get it back on the road only to have to rebuild the engine in 10000k (6000m).
    Keep up the good work transcore1

12. transcore1

What are the VOC regulations like in Canada. I need some Glasurit primer that was discontinued in the US due to VOC regs. It was packaged as a kit, a 3 component epoxy that had extreme rust prohibitive qualities. I used to buy it from the local Mercedes dealer. It was designed to go over new body parts and equal the factory Mercedes galvanizing.
    Grundeifil Primer is the name they pakaged it under. It was made by Glasurit and Mercedes put their label on it and sold it cheaper than Glasurit dealers did. With the current trend towards waterborne finishes I wonder what we will use in the future to combat old rusty floor body cancer.
    Scott2 Transcore1 K5 Project

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Looks like you're doing it right. Wanta redo my old 76 ?? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif I really wish I had the time, tools, and $$$ to rebuild my K5. Would love to get the body off and sand-blast the frame so I could get the 26+ years of grime off it. Would love to make everything look like it just rolled off the line. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

We use a Dupont product called vynil wash, it has the same properties as the Glasurit.I've done the whole underside of my cab with POR15 and the inside also. That stuff is absolutley bullet proof if you follow the instructions. I'm going to use spray in box liner on the underside and inside as well.
    Down in Vancouver they are starting to bring in more stringent air quality guidelines(large cities).We are about four hours outside of Vancouver, but we already put ourselfs ahead of the group several years back. Our painters all use HVLP guns.
    As far as I'm concerned the water borne stuff is still in it's infancy and not the best product to be using, but I'm sure the manufacturers will get it right in the next few years.
    I know most of the paint manufacturers are going to paints that contain more and more solids as spray technology improves, but I think if we get the same VOC regs as Califiornia up here, we will definatly be losing money in this industry.

Anyhow if you would like me to check into that primer I could do that for you, just let me know.

15. transcore1

Collision,
    Thanks for the info, It is too late for this project. My buddies got a jump on it this weekend and I think it will be in the booth by Friday!!! Maybe on the next one.
    How do you like the POR15.

Later,
    Scott

16. transcore1

Painted Friday, More pics soon
    Transcore1

17. COLLISION

COLLISION 1/2 ton status

I think the POR15 is an awsome product, just waiting to see how a spayable bed liner will stick to it.I don't trust it enough to use it on the outside of the vehicle, I'll just stick to the tried and true epoxy primer.
    Let's see how your paint turned out, post the pic's