Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Project update (PIC)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wy4tt, Jun 12, 2005.

1. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Well, in February I joined CK5, about the same time I started the Jimmy project. Many of you have given a lot of help and guidance, and I figured I'd give a quick update as to where things are and post a recent pic.

Started off with mostly stock '79 Jimmy
    Replaced 10b/12b with D60/14bff locked, 456's. NP205, rebuilt T350, crate 350HO, 4" lift, quick disconnect swaybar, H2 rims with 37" MT/Rs. Everything under hood is new aside from the AC parts, shroud, etc. Just got a Warn M12000 that will be going on a front winch bumper that a forum member here is building along with a rear tire carrier bumper. Those should be here in a month or so to replace the soft stock bumpers. Still need to clean up the interior with new carpet, etc.

Still have a few bugs to work out, but it's been a great learning experience. You guys have helped me out a lot along the way, and I owe you all! Thanks again!
    [​IMG]

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Nice Jimmy, looks good! :waytogo:

3. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

red x for me

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    MX, try right clicking on the picture and hit show picture. It worked for me.

As for the Blazer, NICE job! That's going to be (is) a sweet ride.
    So since you went one-ton, are you going to do rocks etc.??
    If so, go for the rock slidders next and dump the nerf bars while they're
    good enough to sell them. So what's next on the build agenda?
    Looks like your about there to me :bow: :waytogo:
    Enjoy and welcome to the Sheetmetal gang.

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

It's working now! Sweet ride!!!

7. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Nice job, I'm headed the same direction stance wise. Could you add some more pics, maybe front and rear shots showing the difference in track width and how much the tires tuck on those H2 wheels. Thanks, that's a :cool1: Jimmy

8. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the compliments guys! It's nice to be at this point in the project. It's far from over, but at least the big stuff is out of the way. I still need to put on e-brake lines, and we're contemplating getting it painted.

StormTrooper, it'll end up in Colorado eventually on some family land there. I've never been offroad there, but from the pics I see, it looks pretty rocky. We'll be in the Montrose area. And yes, the nerf bars will have to come off. They were on it when I got the truck (along with a lot of other semi-useless parts!). Any suggestions on sliders?

BigCountryx, I'll have to take some more pics from the front and rear and post those. When I got it, the fenders had been minorly cut and it had 35s. The 37s fill up the well much nicer, imo. I have yet to get much articulation yet so I'm not sure about rubbing. I think the rear will be fine. The front may need some attention though.

Thanks again for the comments. You know, it's great to have someone look at it who can appreciate it. How many people do you run into that make comments, who know absolutely nothing about Blazers or offroading in general. To most, it's just an old truck with a lift. :grin:

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Not really, I got the last pair of sully built slidders from Toybox offroad.
    I'm sure there are plenty of coments on here if you do a search.
    Good luck with the rest and maybe we can hook up one day.

10. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Absolutely!

11. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Here is a link to some pics that Google (a member here) is hosting. They're not the best pics, but may give you an idea.
    Pics of wheels from front/rear

12. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

hey google... nice page title... haha "googles rig is the best"...

as far as wy4tt's rig goes, i think it looks great and seems functional. good job man... but i know what you mean about old truck with a lift' only about 1/2 of the people on the streets get it. i know im one of them :D

13. metto

metto Registered Member

sweet rig, i wish mine was still that shiny. looks like your only running 16 lug nuts though :D

14. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

Ha, yeah they're overrated. :D I added at least 1 more per wheel before driving it. ;) This was taken just after I'd swapped out the front and rear end and I knew I still had work to do before driving it.

This picture makes the paint look better than it is by the way. We're probably going to get a good coat of paint on it before I drop it off in Colorado though.