Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

project updates

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 25, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

um well while it is not a 4wd, the current time investment is this pig,

ss 396 convert, im fixing the paint and interior, new trim, emblems and hours upon hours upon hours of blocking, wet sanding...then more wet sanding... and aggrivation, missing parts, thing backwards or totaly wrong..:mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    this is some serious time investment and I have putting off my real baby :(

2. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

Oh WOW, that's hot!

My other "baby" is a #'s match '73 RS/Z-28, I understand how you're torn.

...........and you have absurdly organized shelving :D

3. supersize75k5

should have mentioned, this pos turd aint mine, thank gawd:eek1:

hours, upon hours, have been spent making this thing nice, the whole front, subframe and rear quarters are swapped, the previous body guy had do the rear quarters sucked, nothing wanted to line up, on these you have to have the rear quarter correct and then continue forward, well the doors were not alined before the base was shot, then when the front was installed everything was wrong:mad: not to mention had to reshoot the base and clear after some people who first wetsanded it went throught the clear on every single edge:mad: so.... hours and hours and a game plan its getting close and when dave gets in town he will be very happy to see the progress:wink1:

long story short, a good friend and wheeling buddy own the shop, he fired his painter, and the office guy and two others and literally called me in tears from agrivation, so now I am trying to do this in afternoons, nights and weekends while still running my business full time and trying to keep my customers all happy,

If this nightmare comes to an end soon ill be doing a driver quality job for some poor sob who had his beer glasses on for a firebird convert he bought at barret jackson this year, ill post pics and just kep em on this thread. the firebird will be my fist black paintjob....

4. supersize75k5

well this last weekend was hell, but the car is done, and this was a lesson on attention to detail for sure:rolleyes: finished the decals, emblems and last minute touch ups, ended up haveing to reshoot the hood on sunday thanks to a little too much wetsandin...:doah:

nightmare is over,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tom afternoon ill be knee deep in the firebird convertable project:o

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well find some time to bring me my yoke you used on the truck YOU SOLD , my p/b hose hardline , my fan so I can evacvuate the grage . And maybe start looking for my one piece flexplate you used for the truck you are supposed to be fixin on to sell . Its not too much to ask , I have been patient :deal: