Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Projector headlights..gimmick or functional?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88K5Jimmy, Mar 31, 2004.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I was looking into H4 headlight conversions and stumbled across these projector headlights. I know a lot of the newer cars run them and they have taken off with the ricer crowd. Does anybody have any first hand experience with projector headlights? Do they work better than a regular H4 housing?

Here

and here

I think these would work because my 88 has the 4 headlight setup and I believe they are 4x6 also.

Thoughts, critisism?

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Dunno, but i wish there was a similar type of comversion for my 89's headlight setup, hell not even the Xtra-Visions are available, that sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Composite headlamps probably will provide much better vision than a sealed beam.

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

I have a set of the 130/90 watt non-dot H-4 lights from jc whitney (the 7" ones in my '78) They are like the sun when they are on....

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

On my ricer (1999 Dodge Neon RT) projector lights produced less light on the normal beam. On high beam they are brighter but how long do you usually ride around with high beams on? They are expensive, and for the money, I don't think they are worth it. They look nice, but I would rather have function over form... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif