Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

projects...how long to finish?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Feb 1, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

do your projects take too long to finish? i havent driven my k5 on a regular basis in over 10 months. drove it last summer after i got the tranny back in, only to get lunch and little errands, since my dd has air cond. ive been missing it lately. i have been trying to get rolling on it, but looks like im about 2 months behind where i want to be right now.

my wife caught me talking to it the other day...telling it not to be jealous of Justine (my new dd), and that someday we will be together again. really i did.

so how long do your projects take? been a while since you drove your k5? there has to be light at the end of the tunnel...

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

well I still haven't swapped my tranfer case out or fixed my radiator, and now I have to still fix my old steering column and really should do that axle swap.What Blazer Bash did I go to.????:haha: :haha: :haha: I tend not to fix stuff until it is absolutely neccessary...

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

good, then i am not the only one.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Finish? You mean that there is an end?

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When it was still my DD they went quick. Planing on building a trail only rig turned mine into a driveway only rig.

6. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

yep, thats how it went for me.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My truggy thingy has been sitting for over a year and a half . Nearly ready except for the cage , sliders , lockers, crossover ..... oh and get the damn tranny and case in .

I want it done by March , but I dunno .

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I try my best not to have it "down for more than a weekend". If I start a project or mod I have to finish it by the weekend. I can't stand sitting at work knowing that my rig is inmobile and I'm not able to be there to work on it. If its a big project that would take me more that the weekend I usually line up a couple extra hands to help. If you need help ryan, I'd be willing to drive down for a day.

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

well untill it was driveable.. about a year and a half, but its never done.

10. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

I drove my home 6hours and brought it to the garage, started ripping apart and ive driven it once since then. Took it muddin last summer and then it became a driveway/garage queen. This thing was hacked together by the PO but moved when i got it, so i proceded to "Fix it till it was broke." My uncle has been nice enough to let me drive his suburban for the past year, but hes gonna be working locally now so i have 3weeks left to finish it. I just put a new motor in it, not i need to put the new gas tank straps on, make the tank fit and it should run. If i can do that this weekend then that leaves me 2 weekends to put my lift on. Ive had the springs since last x-mas! O well, theres my story.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Technically, too long for me. I am still rebuilding my Q-jet from last winter. although it does run, I just need to mess with the choke...

12. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Mine has been down for 2.5 years almost 3 :eek1: Should be done in the next few months "I said that 2.5 years ago":doah:

13. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Drove my '89 home 2 hours home, backed it into the garage, and had the rear axle out three hours later. :D

Seriously though, I don't honestly remember when I bought it but I believe it took me 8 or so months to "complete" and it's still sort of hacked together. Back then I was just learning though and had even fewer tools than I do now. I'm saving my pennies to do a buggy/truggy and hoping to go from complete K5 to movable buggy in 3 months. Realistic? Nope.

14. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

My XJ was without a transmission/transfer case for 8 months, then sat with a cracked frame for another 4 months till I sold it.

The CJ has sat in the garage since July untouched. Then again, it is sorta sold..

15. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

As long as we keep surfing CK5??? Its amazing also isn't it, the chit we get away with by "wrenching" personally; we can slide in thousands of $$$ completely unnoticed by the wifey, because its not shiny and we DIY.
    LEGO motor was two weeks late to fire.
    Don't ya just love the first firing of a new motor?:D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  16. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

ill take you up on that offer as soon as i find a 465.

since you are good at wrestling them in.:bow:

it really has been a lack of funds thing. lots of stuff i want to do, and am set up to do, but just no time. i think my old lady is getting tired of it just sitting in the driveway, so maybe just maybe she'll leave me alone long enough to work on it (thats problem #2).

17. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You have a truck??:dunno: :ignore: :haha: J/K:D

18. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Well lets see Ive owned my K10 since October of 2002 Ive driven it on a regular basis for maybe 8 months of owning it:doah:

19. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My truck has been down for just over a year :(

20. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, for an example from me:

I have some projects that have sat the same way awaiting me to work on them while the whole time I've had some other trucks apart and back together several times. My Camo Blazer has sat motorless since 2001. My Orange Blazer has had 7 motors and 4 different axles under it since 2001 and is going on another complete change right now.