Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

projects...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by kennyw, Nov 11, 2002.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Well, I am building a 1966 GMC and converting it to 4x4 from 2wd. This is first priority because I sold it to a guy in Mississippi who is paying me to put it together and it takes up my free time unless I need to work on my truck to keep it on the road...

Then I have my 79 K10 daily driver. I borrowed the rear axle out of my truck box trailer to keep it on the road and found out the #'s painted on the rear cover were wrong when I was installing it (cover had 3.70 painted on it from a wrecking yard about 1 year before I got it and made it into a trailer). So I am running 3.40 in the rear and 3.73 in the front. Picked up another 12 bolt but decided to go 3/4 ton instead rather than keep changing 12 bolts.

So I am now gathering parts to build a 3/4 ton frame (only missing the front axle w/4.10's at this point). I am picking up a free parts truck with a 3/4 ton frame and 4" lift in San Jose, CA later this month then I will build the drive train and swap my body over when it is ready...

Then I have my trail rig project which is a pile of parts, 1965 K20 frame, 1963 GMC cab, 1 ton Corp 14 bolt rear axle, 6 lug dana 44 front axle, soon to pickup a bunch of parts from a salvage yard including 351 V6 engine, 5 spd tranny, large flared fenders (from 2 ton truck)...

I only live 2 hours from Portland right now but may soon be moving close to Umatilla since I found a place for rent with a shop /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif well my next project is a new 400 for my blazer with some type of full injection /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and a front detroit and new paint ill be doing this all this spring with my tax returns /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

My 73 chevy is a constant project.

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Mine is an ongoing "project". It'll probably never be "finished". it'll be a fun ride along the way though! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. BadBowtie1

BadBowtie1 1/2 ton status

I hear you there Shane74 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. kennyw

I am almost close to knowing what I want my trucks to be when I am done with them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I have a ton of stuff I need to do on the Blazer along with the stuff I'd like to do to it. Add to that a Datsun 510 I need to get running,driving,steering,stopping again. Along with cleaning out my garage/driveway......oh ya and my "buddies" '55 I need to fix.
    Ya, my motivation went right out the window with Daylight savings time! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Logo for mudhog, new CPU for the puter, nothing for the Blazer cause I'm sellin it... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

well, i'm building a new covered entry on the front of my house. my front gable now has a smaller 8 foot wide gable extending out in front of it, plus a new front window. the framing is done, but i still need facia, sofit and new lap siding for the font of the house. then paint too of course. he is a pic, not too clear but the most recent one i have
    [​IMG]

so not much dough left for the rigs. put on a massive 2 inch lift and some bitchen 100 dollar tires- 235x85s!!!- compements of Kenney. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. kennyw

Your old blue chevy almost looks like the same color as my truck in that pic!

11. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

those datsun 510's are tight, i dont know sh!t about them, but if i was to choose a car just to drive to work and back that would be it

12. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Well I maybe doing just that. I'm trying to sell my daily driver and the Blazer dosn't have doors anymore so............I figure its the next best thing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    I only drove it for like a week after I got it running. Then the motor went bad, so I decided to do a major overhaul on it. New suspension, brakes, seats, wheels/tires, you know basic stuff /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifrighttt. So I'm in over my head with stuff to do, and may need to get it done in a short amount of time. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

just got done with the cpu, /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif 1 gig, now for the other stuff... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif