Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

prominator help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beastofablaze, Mar 28, 2006.

1. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

Can somebody walk me through what I have to do to be able to tune my rig... I have a labtop, tunerpro, winaldl, and the pro version of misterbill's prominator. I am trying to get the prominator software right now. I can't seem to figure it out... I get a .bin open but nothing shows up... then I open the xdf from a file I found off moates.net and I get a bunch of stuff but it still says no xdf selected... What is an xdf by the way? I'm wondering if I need to import it right off my ecu. But since I have the prominator my chip is wiped clean and I need to get the right files to download then I can modify. I need to get this thing running very soon so I can move it before this weekend.

Can somebody help me... preferably someone with a prominator or emulator.

Thank You,

Shane

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's not a quick process to learn about tuning like this. You need to get on the www.thirdgen.org site and spend a lot of time reading through the diy efi stuff. If you just want to move the truck put a stock chip in it.
    I've been driving mine with a 355 flat topped, edelbrock cam and manifold for a while on the stock chip and it runs great.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/forumdisplay.php?f=16

3. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

dont feel bad i cant figure that mess out either . im still working on it to. :D

4. beastofablaze

beastofablaze 1/2 ton status

You aint lyin... I thought this would be easy.

thanks for the link... that helps.

Bout the same setup I got except the edelbrock parts... I'm running holley.
    If I had a stock tbi and injectors I probably would be driving my rig but right now I just want to be able to get a .bin and xdf that I can modify... I understand it is a long process but I need to get a starting point and I can't figure out how. Can you just save me the 244545656 hours of searching and reading or do you not know?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  5. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

the xdf file is a defination file that allows you to edit the bin file in real world units rather than in hexadecimal. Using tunerpro you should open the xdf file and then open a bin file. you then should be able to edit the bin file very easy. Just be carful with what you change and take baby steps. Change things little by little so you do not ruin your engine. Doing things little by littl should be very easy with you running the prominitor

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I use the tunercat programme. It's $69 but it makes life so simple. Just open the file and alter what ever perameters you want.