Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Proof Reader Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Apr 22, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i wrote a tutorial on how to add things to this video game called Medal Of Honor. Anyway i can understand it, but i dont know if any one else will. can someone read it and let me know if it's understandable?
    File here

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

That was freaking LONG - did you seriously write all of that?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

It looks like a foreign language to me, but to someone who knows about writing computer programs - or even just the game itself - should be able to figure it out. Looked pretty much step-by-step...doesn't get much better than that.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks man, i wrote the whole thing upto all the file names at the end..... those were mainly copy and paste, the whole thing took me about 6-7 hours to write, do you think it's good enough to submit to sites and have posted as a tutorial?

4. awagliar

awagliar Registered Member

I do a little technical writing on the side, and I gotta tell ya, that's pretty good! Easy to understand, intuitive layout, and the screenshots definitely help. My only recommendation (for the truly anal retentive) would be to choose a distinct and consistent typographic convention for each type of text (user input, file/directory names, included file contents, etc.) and maintain equivalent whitespace between elements (sections, steps, topics, etc.). Like I said, anal retentive .. something only an editor would give a damn about.

By all means, submit it!

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

thanks guys, i've submitted it and await responses... but you know, every other newsgroup (all 2 of them /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) that i visit people are such jerks Example. I dont get it, but i love it here and thanks agian guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I tried to look at it, but it says that it is an "Invalid page."

I did like this though. [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

hmm works for me ? how'd you see the pic if you couldn't see the page?