Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

proper method of making corrections on legal documents.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by arq, Aug 6, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

how did people make corrections on documents let's say 30+ years ago. was there a proper procedure for it. i am looking for some informaiton on that. i have a birth certificate with corrections. last name/first names were put in wrong places, these names were crossed out and typed in correctly. there is writing on the right column, this i asume was the correct procedure back then for making corrections.

how do i make a person understand that 30+ years ago there was NO DELETE KEY or white out. my engineering schooling taught me that corrections should basicly be crossed out not omitted or hidden for future reference. same goes for medical. these fields of study have been around for centuries... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

any comments, references would be great.

ARQ.

2. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Where I work it is still a single line thru the error with the correction. Then initial and date next to it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

probem taken care of. had a talk with the supervisor. I would think that anyone with a college degree or been around a while should know this stuff. i guess i thought wrong.

ARQ.