Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Property being torn down for back taxes and being an "Eyesore"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTMike, Dec 1, 2005.

1. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

http://www.billingsgazette.com/inde.../2005/12/01/build/local/35-nuisance-cases.inc

It's in the "southside" - the ghettoish part of town if we had anything resembling a "ghetto" here.

I'm torn - on 1 hand I'm mad that they're just busting in and tearing it down... but on the other hand, it's a complete dump that's been left to rot by the owner and is bringing the neighbor's property value down.

I guess it goes to prove we really don't own our property, we're just renting it from the government (read: property taxes).

2. jays68yak

jays68yak 1/2 ton status

im still like WTF happened to the owner? I mean someone doesnt just disappear. And your a family friend of the owner but you have no idea where the owner has been for the past 2 years? WTF? I think someone killed her and burried her on the property.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

They've done that to a few crack houses around here. I don't have a problem with it at all...they're unsafe, firetraps, blights on otherwise decent neighborhoods etc etc. most were owned by absentee landlords that never gave a crap about the house or neighborhood anyways. I feel no sympathy.

Rene

4. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I've got one accross the street I'd love to see torn down.

Owner nowhere to be found, house is half constructed, still exposed OSB, water in the basement, huge piles of dirt from excavation -- and its been like this for over 2 years. I thought for sure it was going to get torn down.

But - the bank that foreclosed on it sometime last year decided that it needed to get finished. So they've been throwing sliding and brick up on top of old tyvek and black osb that has been exposed to the elements for 2 years.

I am more worried now that they are going to finish it off and it will be worse than it was before with mildew, trapped moisture - etc.:crazy:

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Where's the building inspector while this is going on????? Maybe someone should give him a call.

6. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

I called him - and raised my concerns. He said they had a permit to finish the outside - to keep it from getting worse this winter.

I don't know what they are trying to pull :crazy: