Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

proportioning valves?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigredblazer, Jul 22, 2001.

1. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

what is the best proportioning valve to use? I am running 1 ton running gear, and my stock valve just took a dump on me. I plan on getting a disc brake kit for the rear soon, should I get a adjustable one right now? Thanks for the help! Jon

Blazin' Trails ORD Style

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

the stock valve is a combination valve.
    in addition to proportioning it also contains a shuttle valve that you need in the event of a line failure.

3. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Not sure of the results yet but..........Here's what I'm doing.......Got Eldo rear calipers; and looking at the fronts of Eldos and 3/4 calipers, they look the same. So when at the junkyard, I also grabbed the Eldo prop valve. Just wonderin' about the master cylinder though??????! Prolly switch my K5 to a Eldo master.....then everything associated with the brakes are off a 78 Eldo.

Ron

This is not a reccomendation, it's just what I'm doing to my '84 K5

Edit: I suck at spelling!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by K5RON on 07/22/01 06:00 PM.</FONT></P>