Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

props to those who get junk done...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Apr 2, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol! I've been working on my k5 a lot lately... before work, after work... pretty much any chance I get. I have several projects going at once. I'm replacing my rockers with steel tube, I'm removing my t-case/tranny, I'm modding the sheetmetal about the windshield (chopped the roof) and I'm modding the firewall area so I can narrow the front end. Its a lot of junk... and doing it all at once makes it seem like I'm getting nothing done in spite of all the hours. At any rate, for all those who post cool build-up threads where it seems like a lot is accomplished in short order, I salute you! :bow:

Until you grab the welder, grinder, chop saw etc yourself you never realize just how much work the guys who are always posting cool buildup threads are getting done. I know part of it is having cool tools, part is experience... but another part is just busting your ass. I guess by comparison I'm a lazy SOB. lol!! Anyway, hopefully I'll have a buildup thread of my own very soon...

j

2. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

at least you're working on your truck. i was gonna work on it today, but it's raining and the garage is full of a friends project. and i can't touch it until it's done.

whatever, he won't be long and then i can get to work.

3. jekbrown

lol. I dont let rain stop me, in most cases. I have a carport which keeps most of it off me. Problem I usually have is not enough light, or the lack of the right tool. Oh well. I ought to be able to get everything I need done on the rockers today... hopefully. If not, I have tomorow off too. :grin:

j

4. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wanted to work on it this weekend, but **** came up and my g/f wanted to spend time with me this weekend because of my new job I can only see her on the weekends. So I cant work on my truck or if I do she will get upset so its a loose loose situation for me

5. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Hats off too all who get stuff done also. I dont have a garage, Newfoundland is cold, it's raining, I might be lazy also. But the woman and baby eats up most of my time. Then its dark. But the snow is melting and my Fathers garage will soon be empty so I may get something done then if I keep my Cell turned off. lol

6. fatbob

fatbob 1/2 ton status

What amazes me is that they can find the time to stop and take pictures and to write a buildup thread.:bow: I'm usually just trying to get the project done, and figure out what works as I go along.

7. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

LMAO This is so true. Then afterwards there is the spare parts and bolts pile. But if it works so be it.

8. jekbrown

well, today I actually got something done. I removed my 700R4. First time I have ever pulled a tranny, and I did it solo. My HF tranny jack has already paid for itself. Without it, getting out my np205 and 700 woulda been impossible. :D

j

9. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

lol i hear ya with stoping to take pictures. I get to into it and i forget. For those how take the pictures We salute you!

10. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I HEAR YA!!!!!!!! I guess we gotta keep the priorities straight. :wink1:

11. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I usually get home from work at about 4pm.. try and spend time with the family... then eat diner and go out and work on the truck for a bit...

hell last wed I cleaned up my passenger front fender... (did a crappy sawzall job last time) then on thursday.. put my bushwacker back on... cleaned up the drivers side and put that bushwacker back on... then I cut the bushwackers up some to try and see if they wont rub anymore....

havent taken it off road yet....

but to do a little here and there is tough to do but does make the significant other happy when you are not out there for hours.....

when we did my motor parts.. it started to rain.. I too a blue tarp.. draped it over the hood... and used bungies to it then bungied it to the inside of my garage door... had a nice work area :wink1:

12. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've been pushing my g/f to help on my buggy project, when she's not working on the rig, she's doing my landry and cleaning house, so I can dedicate more time on my buggy.

I did take her out saturday night. ;)