Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Props toour fearless MOD, Greg72!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Apr 18, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

A special thanks goes out to our MOD, Greg72 for helping install my weld-in steering brace. His 220 really made short work of it and the welds look great!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Now all we need is a good photo of that "triangulating brace" and how it installs.....and we can finish the install.

How does the truck actually drive now? Is the steering wheel straight, and can you feel any additional "stiffness" in the steering response?

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yup, and not my blinkers work (!?!?)

it feels better, more responsive, but now BECUASE OF YOU, I have to redo the bubmpers/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

rita said i was babbling all night about approch angles in my sleep/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

try this link <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/21112089nuqitdhdXb>http://community.webshots.com/album/21112089nuqitdhdXb</a> for brace pics. Might not be the angle you're looking for.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah.....never ask an Engineer for ideas!!!!! I hope you've learned your lesson /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm expecting a big punch-in-the-gut from Rita this weekend for being such a bad influence and keeping you out until 1AM....