Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pros/cons on wheel adaptor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1BadK-30, Dec 20, 2006.

1. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

Sometime in the future, id like to upgrade the rear end on my dd 82 c10. I read on here that if i swaped in a 14bff, that i would have to swap the entire ifs to get the 8 lug front end. My question is, if i used these (link below) how well would they work and how safe is it really? I plan on useing this to haul a k5 to.

http://www.truckn-store.com/product.asp?returnURL=default.asp&ID=98093

Thanks guys :bow:

2. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

first, i dont think that would be the right adapter for you. you would need a 5 to 8 adapter.

second, i've heard nothing but terrible things about aim industries and their owner.

3. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

yaa, i was useing it as a example if i didn't explain it properly.

4. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

anybody else have anything to say about these?

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

8 or 10 bolts, and the entire front crossmember unbolts from the frame, and a 3/4 ton front end will bolt right in its place. you'll probably be able to find a hashed C20 for what you can buy a 14FF and a 3/4 front suspension for. then swap your 1/2 ton stuff under it, and resell it. :deal:

6. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

i dont understand what you mean by 8 or 10 bolts, and i allready have 1ton suspension under my front end and the rear but i doubt i could resuse the rear leafs.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

literally, 8 or 10 bolts hold the ENTIRE front suspension under the truck, upper coil buckets and all. unbolt the 8 bolts, and bolt the entire thing onto your 1/2 ton frame. then you actually have a 3/4 ton front suspension, rather than the lighther 1/2 ton with questionable wheel spacers, AND your track width wont be all screwed up.

as for the rear, as long as you use a 3/4 ton 14FF, and not a 1 ton, it will bolt right in as well. as for the rear leaves, they're either 52s or 56s, your C10 should be equipped with 52s. to put a set of 56s, buzz the rear shackle hanger off of the frame, and move it back 4" or so, the holes should already be there.

8. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

o ok i understand now didn't know you were saying 8 to 10 bolts to remove the front end. only reason why im considering these is because of the custom 1ton coils i have in the front.