Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pros & cons

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by santana, Aug 23, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Crate engines and rebuilt engines?
    Which would be my best option considering I drive my truck everyday?
    The eng in the truck siezed on me, broken crank and piston/pistons probably damaged block.. 84 350 carburated.. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Hard to beat the standard GM 350 Crate motor. Comes with a 3 year warranty and will run an easy 100K. (I had 145 on mine before I rebuilt it and it was only because I wanted to change it. It was still running fine.) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hard to beat the standard GM 350 Crate motor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree..... Nothing beats the peace of mind knowing you got a dependable power plant. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    I'm putting one in as we speak!!!

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Last time I bought a crate motor, for the warranty to be good it had to be installed by a certified mechanic. Well, at least you had to have a certified mechanic sign the warranty slip.

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    for the warranty to be good it had to be installed by a certified mechanic.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That may be so. Not sure it would be too hard to find a mechanic friend to sign the paper. Its not so much the 3 year vs 1 year or whatever warranty, the GM factory crate 350 has been coming off the line for many years. Its a proven, reliable motor. Besides all parts are new, not rebuilt or remanufactured therefore its a great core to use 150,000 miles later for a rebuild /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif