Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Protection When You Have the Rear Cap off???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badbowtie03, Sep 5, 2004.

1. badbowtie03

badbowtie03 Registered Member

Does anyone out there always drive around in there K5 with there cap off? If so are there softops out there.. Or you know what would be really cool... Lets say you gutted the rear of your K5 and then had some kind of vynel piece that went from the ceiling down to the floor that snapped in place... Just to protect you from the elements... Now does someone make something like that? I think it would be sweet. B/c when the hard tops are off they look cooler b/c they look like a little full size truck.. Any Ideas???

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I try to drive without my topper for as long as possible every year. When I still had the steel half cab I had a Kayline soft top. Kayline was bought out and that top is now called Specialty top. They have quite a few styles and colors to choose from.

Can-Back is a high end soft top...

I don't personally like the angled back soft top, but I have seen several. A lot of guys go to boat shops and have custom tops made.

Rene

3. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I took my top off, and put it back on a week later-just looked funny to me @ stock height, not to mention the crime in my neighborhood...was worried my stereo system would be gone.

There are several companies that make can back covers...i may get one someday.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

5. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

ive got the specialty top fast track...i like it...i miss it i havent been driving it for over a year now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no doors or top here... I drove home from TSF in the rain a few weeks ago. Quit being a wuss and drive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j