Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Protein food recipes.. for gaining weight.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5 krawler 50, Oct 5, 2005.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

All right, i've tried the weight gainers and other supplements to get bigger, but i just can't seem to get over 205 pounds. I lift every weekday ( different body part every day thou), and i just cant seem to get any bigger. I'm not small by no means, but i need to get bigger to play football. So i was thinking about trying a lot of high protein foods.
    I was wondering if any of you guys have any awesome high protein recipes that i could try so i can get bigger. I appreciate the help..
    Cory

2. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Fried chicken and lotsa pop sounds like what ya need :haha:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Eat 6-7 clean meals per day. First thing in the morning until just before you go to bed. Lots of protien and carbs, keep the fat down. You need (I think) 2500 more calories than you burn to gain 1 pound. That's a lot of food.Keep working out. You will get bigger.

4. bridgeguy

bridgeguy Registered Member

Takes 3500 calories to equal 1 pound. Key factor is having the GOOD, CLEAN meals like cbbr said. If you eat the junk from fast food, you're going to gain weight...and not in a good way.

If you're looking for muscle mass, you might want to invest in some type of whey based protein supplement and have that every morning or several times a day.

If memory serves, you cannot absorb more than about 30 grams of protein at any one time so if you eat much more than that, you're just wasting your money. Rather, ingest lower quantities of protein with more frequency.

Good luck and wish I had your problem. Give it a few years and you'll be spending all your time trying to lose weight instead. ;)

5. cbbr

Yep, 3500. That whey protien is a good idea. Clean source that your body uses fast.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

eat 4000 cals a day for 2 weeks, with at least 300 grams of protien, if you dont gain weight on that, up it to 4250 or so, i'm bulking right now, i'm up from 193 to 203 in about a month and a half, seems to be lean gains too, i eat clean and often and workout 3-4 times a week. i've changed from a fat guy to a lean guy, to now a semi muscled guy...

its funny you posted this, i'm working out right now, i just did dead lifts, tried a heavy weight (275x5) and got it with decent form, just need to lower the butt a little more.

heres a videowww.branndoncoelho.com/me/videos/deads1052005.wmv

- working out is my other hobby. its trucks and getting in better shape, check out my page to see where i came from :)
    www.branndoncoelho.com/me/

7. cbbr

Looks like you new how to gain weight once upon a time. :D You have come a long way - good job. :waytogo: My response to your original question should have been "turn 35, get a wife and 3 kids" as that is what did it for me. :eek1:

8. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Beer,,,Beer and more Beer,,,,seems to work for me,,,,
    at 350 + I wished I had your problem,,,,,,,,

9. k5 krawler 50

Thanks for the replys.. I stay away from fastfood, and i dont drink.. just not my style yet.. Like i said i just need to put on some size so i can play linebacker next year. I dont really feel like converting to a db...
    BranndonC: I with you man, weightlifting/football is my other hobby besides trucks.. I love it. In your diet do take in protein or weight gainer supplements or is it just food? Thanks again..

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

no weight gainers, unless you call steel cut oats a gainer! lol there 600 cals a cup, i put 1/2 cup in my post work out shake. i use protein powder, thats it. but i'm not packin it on quick enough so i'm upping my intake from 3100 to 3300-3500 for a week, then seeing from there. you will gain weight if you eat more cals... everyones different you may need 5000 to gain, where i need 3300.... just keep adding more clean foods until you gain about 2lbs a week, but line backers can be not so lean, so add more carbs, they'll give you energy. i dont know the body style you want, but that should give you an idea... you want carb meals?

1/2 cup steel cut oats - 300 cals
    2 scoops protein powder - 160
    2 cups milk - 180
    2 TBSP natural peanut butter 210 cals
    ==========
    tasty shake at 850 calories

11. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

1 to 1.5 grams of protien per pound of you every day, plus your normal meals. It's difficult to do once you reach around 200 pounds. I got up to 235 and I just can't eat any more

12. k5 krawler 50

Thats what i have been reading is to take 1 gram or a little more of protein to every pound. This could be costly, but thats ok, i really need to get bigger, and i'm not gonna use steroids to do that. Anyone have an estimate time on how long it will take to put on say 20-25 pounds on the protein deit? Thanks.
    Cory

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

of pure muscle? a year or more, you can gain .5 to 1.5 lbs of lean muscle a week depending on your genetics and how hard you work, but for a lineman you dont have to be that lean, so you could aim for 2lbs a week for a good mixture, that means it would take you about 3-4 months maybe to put on 25lbs

14. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Can i ask how old are you? Obviously i can see you are still in high school. Just don't know what grade?

15. k5 krawler 50

Actually i'm a freshman in college. I am 18 years old.. I am redshirting this year at a JuCo, because of injury.. so next year i will still be a freshman when i play.

16. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

oh damn my bad. Let me start by saying a couple of things. I used to own a sports nutrition company. We not only made our own products we designed nutrition programs. And having a football background myself i might be able to help you out.

Now the advise branndon has given is pretty darn good. (GIVEN YOU PROPS BRANNDON)

Shoot me a pm or an email and we can talk about your goals and should you have questions for me as to my experiences i can answer them as well.

Later

jeff

17. k5 krawler 50

Awesome thanks a lot, i sent you a pm.. and thanks to everyone else who has pitched in their useful info.

18. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I have found a very effective way for putting some pound on is college. I was extremely active in highschool, I played soccer and was always on the go. When I got to college, the freshman 15 hit me like a ****ing train.

19. k5 krawler 50

What is the freshman 15? is that where you gain 15 pounds way fast or something?

20. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Yes, it is the 15 pounds usually gained when the transition from an active highschool student to lazy college bastard is made.