Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Proud American

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SkulzNBonz, Jan 17, 2007.

1. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Since yesterday's debacle of threads got me to thinking. I am very proud to be an American right now and here is why.

We have a man in the office of President right now that sees the big picture, and has the fortitude to stand up to the enemies of freedom. While this may not be a popular thing to do, it is something that must be done. Mr. President doesn't care about popularity, but he sure as Hell cares for this Country and not his own selfish ambitions. Can't say that about too many politicians.

Winston Churchill was also very unpopular when he warned Briton and the World that Hitler was truly evil.

Anyone else see the similarities between WWII and today?

And for any of the no0b's out there that may think I'm a War Monger, I've spent my time in someone else's rifle sights, and it is not anything that I wish upon anyone, but I am extremely grateful for those that are willing to take a stand for this Country and Freedom throughout the World.

Please discuss and please keep it civil so the Can man doesn't have to have his heart rate go through the roof.

John

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Two things that I disagree with. 1) I don't think that Bush sees the big picture sometimes. i agree with him on most things, but think that he is short sighted on some issues. 2) Hitler was actively and openly trying to take over the world. While saddam might have been evil, he was no Hitler.

3. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Sadam was a Hitler, read about Hitler in the earlier years of his rise to power and you will see the similarities.

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Your are right about saddam not being hitler, but..

The saddam / hitler analogy is incomplete, in that hitler used his own army to try to establish the 1,000 year reich..

Rather than use his military, Saddam used his countrys money to fund jihad all over the world.. he was not the only mideast dictator to do so, so in my view we had to start somewhere, if we were going to do something about all this.

Here is an interesting article form this past spring, detailing iraq's documented funding of hezbollah, abu sayyef ( the jihadists currently detroying the philippines ), and various arabic groups including osama & the precursor to al qaeda..

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/011/990ieqmb.asp

As an aside, remember the war in bosnia, where we shelled that country into oblivion? IMHO the media was never honest about who clinton was helping ove there.. the KLA, another muslim terror group was trying to impose sharia law over there, and using force to do it.. Milosovic was trying to keep these clowns under control, but true to form, the democrats took the side of the islamist "freedom fighters", and used our military to save them.. where was the outcry over that? oh yeah.. anybody that hates israel, the media and the democrats will support..

Slobodan Milosivecs treatment brings up an interesting question.. let's say that the muslim supporters of sharia law gained power in this country, and a US president took steps to stop it? Would you call it "protecting your country", or "ethnic cleansing", as CNN labelled it?

It's an important question, because australia and new zealand are facing the fact that their muslim populations are trying to impose sharia law there too.

I think bush is brilliant for keeping the bloodshed confined to another hemisphere..

Tom

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Lets not forget the aliens and their role in all of this...

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Which ones? the guys with the spaceships and anal probes or the ones at the quick e mart?

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's a little known fact but they are one in the same, they're trying to take over the world by price gouging and lawn maintainance...:D

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Those bastards! I knew when price of a coors light 6 pack went up a buck, they were up to something..

9. SkulzNBonz

I don't see Saddam as Hitler, but there is another gentleman in the region that is doing a damn good impersonation of Hitler right now. Maybe we went to war in Iraq for reasons other than Iraq.......................:thinking:

John

10. cbbr

I see the comparison all of the time, but like I said, I don't see anyone including saddam that I would put in Hitler's league.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The Hitler league, isn't that between the minors and the majors???

12. cbbr

Ivy.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ziiiiiiiing!!!!!:haha: :haha: :haha:

14. SkulzNBonz

If we sit around and play patty-cake with that MF'r too much longer, he WILL be in Hitler's league, in a big, mushroom shaped cloud type way:deal:

John