Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Proud new Pappa (I got another dog!!)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DBLAZER, Sep 19, 2003.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I started to postthis a few weeks ago but someone else was having a problem with their dog I did not feel right bragging. But I will now[​IMG]
    A few weeks ago my wife and I picked up a Fila Brasieiro. (commonly calleda Fila Mastiff) He is 7.5 months old and weighs 115 lbs!!! He is such an amazing dog. The guy that gave him to us paid about 2200 for him. He is a plumber by trade, and he was recruited to go to Afghanastan to work for the next 3 years making some ungodly amount of money. (upwards of 35k a month) So he called me up knowing how much I lovemy dogs and how they are taken care of and asked me to adopt him. I don't have any pics of him yet but here is a pic of what they look like
    [​IMG]

His mother weighed 190 and themale was 225. I am hoping he will get to 200-220 ish. He eats like a king around here!! My other dogs ( a pedigree Pit and a German Shep / Pit mix ) eat straight dog food. The Fila eats 1.5 cups of dog food with meat mixed in either a 1/4 whole chicken the like. Once in the morning and once in the evening.
    Anyways, I just wanted to brag a little[​IMG]

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

225 lb dog!!! Wow!!! He is going to eat you out of house and home! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Cool dog...mastiff's from what I've heard of are really sweet dogs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Thats alota dog !

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

big dogs rock i have 2 st. bernards and 2 bloodhounds, my smallest dog is about 100lbs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Congrats. He is a cutie, big dogs are very cool. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Jebus !

Lunch box and her partner in crime, only weigh a buck fifteen - togather.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Some friends have a Bull Mastiff, I wonder if the breeds are closely related ?? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

when i get my ownplace i whant to get a big slobbery lovey dog. St bernards are what come to mind /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Big dogs rock and keep the robbers away, even if they are friendly... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

st bernards are the most friendly dogs in the world.

11. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

That is what i call a dog. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif DO you have kids and if so how does he do with them. Also how are his hips any sign of hip displasia(misspelled). We are looking for a large breed dog for my 14 month old son. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hint thats my excuse to get my dog. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

One more thing...I hope you have one big arse pooper scooper! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That is what i call a dog. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif DO you have kids and if so how does he do with them. Also how are his hips any sign of hip displasia(misspelled). We are looking for a large breed dog for my 14 month old son. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hint thats my excuse to get my dog. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have ant kids but I have a couple of friends that do and he has done very well with them. everything I have read about them points toward them being a great family dog. He is very big and doesn't always understand his siz well. so he hits things. But he will grow out of that. His hips are very good. He came from a very good bloodline. The breeder is very picky about which dogs they breed in order to minimize that issue. They are the unltimate big dog (in my opinion) He is a great guard dog, great inddor dog, loyal, clean, smart, I am happy as can be.

Here are a few links about the dogs Filla

filla clicky

These guys EAT , let me tell you. Mine eats a 1/4 whole chicken with 2 cups of Purina One dog food for breakfast and dinner. Sometimes a couple of packs of hot dogs and whatever is leftover from dinner. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Anyways, thanks guys.