Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

proud pop, just taught my boy to ride his bike

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Apr 7, 2007.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

my boy is 5 1/2, I should have had him riding sooner but todays the day he rode it all by himself after a few practice sessions with dear old dad. he has been riding his CRF fifty with training wheels since age 3. I just did'nt push the bicycle alot.

I told him I was so proud of him and gave him a hi 5. he was smiling from ear to ear. we even called mom since she was at the store to tell her. my boy told her he will show her tomorrow on easter. so needless to say I am a very happy proud pop tonight, just thought I would share.

2. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

That's great! Hey, thanks for being there as a DAD to your son. It makes me teary eyed to read stories like this. Being a parent is no easy job and you have shown me in those brief moments how much love you have for your son. Good job DAD. I wish you many, many more moments like those! Wait till he gets onto bigger bikes and even into trucks! :D

Manny

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

Way to go! My two kids live two states away, so I have missed out on these things. Kids, got to love em!

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Cool beans man, we were out riding out bike to day too, albeit with the training wheel on...

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Yep, it is a great feeling when your kids accomplish that huge step.

My twins were about 5 or so when they learned to ride without training wheels. We walked/rode down the their school's parking lot and I took off the 'wheels. I told them that they were going to ride home without them. It took about 20 minutes for them to get the hang of it and we practiced there for about an hour.

When we got home, they couldn't wait to show mom.:D Good times......good times.

Congrats!!!:bow: :D

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Congrats, dad :waytogo: !

7. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

awe congrats big daddy!! its great seeing them learn and grow.

8. rdn2blazer

thanks everyone, yes it is awesome seing him grow up. he cant wait to show mom how well he is doing on his bike. next will be the training wheels coming off his CRF 50. I allready tried it once but the bike is just too heavy for him just yet.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I taught my eldest daughter at age 5...was pretty easy. My youngest didn't want my help, or mom's help either. At 5 she insisted I remove the training wheels...and she spent an entire weekend teaching herself. Pretty unorthodox for a 5 year old but was I ever proud of her determination. :bow:
    By the Sunday she was bombing around like it was nobody's business...

Rene

10. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my daughter did not want to take off the training wheels until she saw her cousins riding without their's, then she said Dad I don't want my training wheels anymore, and she never looked back.

11. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Thats awesome man, has to make you proud!:bow:

12. rdn2blazer

well today was a great day, both his grandma's came over for easter and my neighbor who's my bud, who my son really wanted to suprise by showing him how well he rides his bike with out training wheels now. he needed help getting started for just a few feet but then he was off.

by mid day I did'nt have to help him take off from a stop and run with him, which is good cause it reminds me just how out of shape I am :doah:. WOW!, 40 is in just a few months:eek1: :doah:. he even started making u turns by him self. so now I need a new bike. have not had one for about 10 years. YIKES!! its been that long :eek1: .