Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Proud to be American

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 24, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ever have moments when you're overwhelmed with pride that you're american?

I'm always thankful and glad I'm american. I don't always agree or think our government's got the best intentions, but I'm glad I live where I live, with the people that I live with.

It just hits home a little harder today, right now. Everywhere you turn you can hear about what's going on on the other side of the world, fairly far from us, but it's takes a few extra minutes away from the information overload to realize those boys are away from what we have right now, and they're giving it up for awhile to make sure it'll be here for us and they'll have it to come back to.

Hearing about the men we lost to brutality, even lost in battle, reaffirm and solidify my pride in America, and renew my support for why we need to be there right now.

No matter what you feel about the politics of this war, remember, it's our brothers, sisters, fathers, and friends that are over there doing thier job. No matter what your political drive is, don't let thier death and the living's risk be meaningless by pointing a finger at them, or forgetting they are as proud of thier country as you are.

BTW, no offense or alienation meant to any canucks or our foriegn CK5 buddies!!

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Amen Brother

[​IMG]

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ever have moments when you're overwhelmed with pride that you're american?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

A good example is when I see folks posting things like this.

Thanks!

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I just want to point out that amidst all of the protesters in Hollywood and their BS, some celebs have their heads in the right places. Kid Rock has always been a supporter, 3 Doors Down's newest song is to the troops, Toby Keith of course is a staunch American and supports the troops. And of course there's old Charlie Daniels...this leads me to believe that the real American's are the back country, good ol' boys...and I now know who I'd want guarding my back in a fight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

I am overwhelmed with pride for our troops, and the other night I heard a sound I haven't heard since I moved back to the states. and it gave me goosebumps. Maybe you all have heard it too. I will always remember this phrase as long as I live, I love it now as much as I did when I was a kid and my dad would take me to the flightline to check out the different jets we had on the base.

JETNOISE! The sound of Freedom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

My feelings exactly! Good job putting it into words. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

I appreciate what the US, Britain and Australia is doing over there...

Rene

7. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Amen! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just want to point out that amidst all of the protesters in Hollywood and their BS, some celebs have their heads in the right places. Kid Rock has always been a supporter, 3 Doors Down's newest song is to the troops, Toby Keith of course is a staunch American and supports the troops. And of course there's old Charlie Daniels...this leads me to believe that the real American's are the back country, good ol' boys...and I now know who I'd want guarding my back in a fight. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

I am overwhelmed with pride for our troops, and the other night I heard a sound I haven't heard since I moved back to the states. and it gave me goosebumps. Maybe you all have heard it too. I will always remember this phrase as long as I live, I love it now as much as I did when I was a kid and my dad would take me to the flightline to check out the different jets we had on the base.

JETNOISE! The sound of Freedom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    you notice how those are really hollywood clebs? they are home grown rockers?

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That was some good stuff Ratch. Gonna have to save that one. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sad thing is, driving down my block today, I noticed there's not one American flag, yellow ribbon or anything that might make you think "Hey, they noticed something is going on in the world". Just about my whole town looks that way. It's pretty sad.

4x4dreamer, I think that's what got me going this morning. I heard that song "Hold me when here, love me when I'm gone..." and I was thinking of the video for it with the soldiers leaving thier families. Is that 3 doors down? Awesome song, but I have no idea who it is. To me, that song is it for those guys over there, they're giving up all they have for awhile to do us good, and heck more immediately, do someone else good.

I was never in the military. I grew up wanting to go Navy, Air Force, or Marines (strong leaning toward Marines for self-discipline needs, lol), but didn't. When I graduated, times were quiet and I went for immediate money and work/college.
    So while I never served and I can't share that bond, I admire y'all that served, and I appreciate your time.
    I'm just glad God put me on the greenest spot of His green Earth.

11. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sad thing is, driving down my block today, I noticed there's not one American flag, yellow ribbon or anything that might make you think "Hey, they noticed something is going on in the world". Just about my whole town looks that way. It's pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our town was out atnight shortly after it became publicaly known that we attacked Iraq putting flags up on every parking meter and lamp post in town.

[ QUOTE ]
    "Hold me when here, love me when I'm gone..." and I was thinking of the video for it with the soldiers leaving thier families. Is that 3 doors down?

[/ QUOTE ]

This song is by 3 doors Down. Awesome song and the video is very moving.

BTW....well said posts.....I agree 110% with what you said. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif