Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

proven moron

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Roz, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

ok so im a super retard and i really dont fell like gettting $Hi# for it but ......

so i super wanted to do miller last weekend, but truck was running real bad. so i didnt make it. turns out when i was tring to hook up the elec choke on the edlebrk 1406 got stuck. i was applying power to it trying to see if it even worked. no movement or noise, so i figured it was dead. well diconnected it and called it a night. next day ran like supper poopie-didnt even think that was problem.

so question is, 1: i have looked for a scematicfor the wiring and havent found anything. anyone know how to do a manual elec choke?
    2: how does the thing work? shouldnt it have went back to original state when i removed power? do they go bad?
    i couldnt get it to release so i had to pull the pin and disconnect the linkage.

now i know i dont really need it for down here-but figured i would take it to the snow late on this year and might want it then.

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I don't know anything about carbs but I say mortgage the house and fuel inject it :haha: .

J/K

Really though run without it by the time you get out to the snow it should be warm enough (the engine that is) that you should not need it.

Ira

3. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

lol true- but i was thinking more along the lines of starting it when its meen sitting up there to come back home :)

f/i will certainly fix my hill stalling problem :)

i havent drove it much yet but i think it might be the problem with my torque also? last night it smoked the tires. keepping fingers crossed :wink1:

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I think you can adjust the choke by unscrewing the 2 screws on it and rotating the choke housing. Maybe the choke is just adjusted wrong and it is keeping it closed.

Ira

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

6. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

aahh haaa, goin to give it a try tonight :) ty!

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

electric choke is 12 volts key on and key in crank position all the time power when key on. good luck buddy:D

8. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

hhmmmm mine must be broke. somthing to fiddle with when i swap the intake. one thing i did learn, the 1406 cant be used with the Torker II. another problem on the list :)

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

take the 1406 off of it, problem solved. hell, even a Holley is a better choice for a carb.