Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

proxy selling?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, May 11, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

anyone know anything about this?

say i have a car i want to sell, but dont have the time to attent to selling it, nor the skill of a salesmen.

are there people out there, that i can hire to sell my car for me? Like i can tell them, i want 30,000$ for that car, you can sell it for whatever you can get for it as long as i get 30,000 out of the deal.

is that a bad idea? good idea? not worth it?

2. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Put it on E-Bay with a reserve price. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

It's called a consignment sale, your basically getting a set price from the dealer and he get's to charge whatever extra he wants (and he keeps the extra). Some dealers will do this but usually only if your being practical with your expectations on price or if it's an older/rare/collectors type vehicle.

If you have a vehicle that KBB says dealer retail is 30k, a dealer may take it on consignment for 24 or 25k, dealer HAS to make a profit from it or they won't touch it. If its an older non-premium vehicle they may not touch it at all.

[ QUOTE ]
    anyone know anything about this?

say i have a car i want to sell, but dont have the time to attent to selling it, nor the skill of a salesmen.

are there people out there, that i can hire to sell my car for me? Like i can tell them, i want 30,000$ for that car, you can sell it for whatever you can get for it as long as i get 30,000 out of the deal.

is that a bad idea? good idea? not worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]