Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PS pump ? from 6.2

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70~K5, Feb 8, 2003.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

At PNP today I saw a power steering pump on a 6.2 diesel that had a remote resvoir. Can this pump be used on a gas engine if you use the mounts from the gas engine? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

Yes,
    Did a swap from 6.2 to a 350 & reused the pump by changing the pulley & bracket on the pump.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Cool deal I saw the pump and thought I could use a larger resvoir for when I go to crossover steering. I know some vans and 1 year of 454s in PU used them too.

4. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

If I'm not mistaken, the pump with the remote reservoir came OEM to any truck that had the hydra-assist brakes. I've seen them in diesel trucks (diesels don't make a lot of vacuum) and 1 ton duallies.

What I hate about the hydra-assist brakes is that they always feel like they're on the verge of NOT working. That and I saw a guy on the trail shred the PS belt on his truck. He lost his power steering AND his power brakes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif