Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PS1 in a blazer???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cybrfire, Dec 25, 2002.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Kids got a PS2 for xmas today. Now I have this old PS1. HMMM what to do with it. Could fit right into an 85 blazer I think. Anybody got a line on a low power comsumption AC/DC t.v. or power inverter ideas???? PS1 consumes 17W of power don't know about a TV though.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Are you kidding?

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You could get one of those cool little LCD (I think those are the right letters) screens that just goes right onto the PS1 if you have the newer type... Then just whatever it takes to power the PS1 I guess...

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

What I was thinking is building a small cabinet. probably power inverter built in so it would just be a matter of plugging it into the cigarette lighter. The cabinet could be removable so it could be placed in any vehicle(the wife's minivan or the blazer) simply by removing the cabinet. It's a thought. I looked at some small TV's. They have some 5.5 inch screens. They would work pretty well. a small 400 watt inverter would be more than enough to power the setup. If you really wanted to get creative you could run the audio from the PS1 into an auxiliary input on a car stereo and use the audio in the vehicle for optimum sound. Probably set it up to go directly behind the console in the blazer. Just wingin some ideas out here. What else do you do with the thing. Nobody wants them. I Always wonder if I can use it my blazer before I get rid of it. Got to have your priorities in line. hehe. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I already have the been there.
    I have a nice 4x4 van and I wanted to put a TV and VCR and possibility of more AC powered stuff like my laptop and my dig cam (to charge them I mean) so I di9d some research.
    A 14" TV 25-75w depending on brands and quality.
    VCR 50-80W
    Laptop 10w
    cam 5W
    I found a couple of options 300w 19.95 all the way to 800w $95.99 and then I found one on sale: 1400W $64.95 so I got this one.
    But for your application anything from 300 and up will work.
    ANd remember, they have nominal power and peak power, you want the lower number which is the nominal and stay within 80% of that power so if 240w is your max, a 300 watt should be fine.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif