Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ps2 online

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by potato76, Aug 19, 2002.

1. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

anyone know were to get it?i know its possible because lots of games now have online capabilities. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

What exactly do you want to know? Where to get what? Do you want a to use it on line and you need to know how? Do you want to buy one on line? Do you want to know which games can be played on line?
    Or do you want to know something completely different?

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I think its comming out when right around they release time of that SOCOM Navy Seals game

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Madden 2003 is online gaming capable! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif How cool will it be to play Madden with people from all over the US?! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

all of the above really i havnt seen it anywhere but i know its out there somewhere.I think. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

6. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

OK, first you need a Play Station 2. Not a special edition or anything.Can be bought anywhere. Then you need a game that has networking capabilities, unfortinately I can not think of any at the moment, though I do know there are a few. Then you most likely will need a USB ethernet connector. However, at least one of the games that is networkable requires a fire wire network. That game also requires a special code to be able to link 3 or 4 PS2's together, and I don't know the code. It actually was one of the first games to come out for the PS2. I think it was Unreal but it's been awhile since I read anything about it so I may be wrong on the game. Check out a gaming site and do a search for linking PS2's. ign.com was a good one last time I was there.

7. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I think he is talking like a modem link, to the internet type of thing. Not just linking PS2s together.

Ken H.

8. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

OK, if you want to link to other PS2's over the internet, you will need a high speed internet connection (like DSL or cable) a hub (and cat5 network cable) so you can link the PS2 (and other computers) to the internet via your high speed connection and a USB ethernet dongle so you can link the PS2 to your hub. Oh, and of course you need a game that supports this. You will only be able to use the USB ethernet connector if THE GAME has a driver for it. Like I said, it's been a while since I've read about any of this, so I do not remember which games and/or which brand USB ethernet thingy to get. I'm not going to spend much time trying to find it, but, I will let you know if I come across the info in the near future though. Good luck.

9. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Hell O,

One more thing...I found this about Tony Hawk 3 on Tech TV

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Online play

Oh yes, THPS 3 lets you play online. To take advantage of this, though, you need a few things. First, you need an Internet connection. Dialup or broadband will do, however, THPS 3 does not officially support AOL. Second, you need a USB adapter to transfer the information from the PlayStation 2 to the Internet connection. Many different options are available.

We used the LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 USB network adapter plugged into our PS2. After navigating through the menu screens we were presented with a list of servers. The only thing I'm going to say about playing online, other than that it's incredibly fun, is that it's incredibly humiliating. If you think you're any good at THPS 3, get online and get ready to be proven wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It says dial up is usable, but it does not say how to do it. I did find a few places with better instructions, but they all wanted me to be a paying member of the web site to actually get the info.

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> ATV Off-Road Fury 2 will be capable of this ! ..I can't freakin' wait ! </font color>

11. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

thanks alot guys.I thought wrong all this time i thought sony was the only way to get it.But i thought wrong.Now ill have to try these ideas.