Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PS3 vs Wii.... I'm buying a Wii. NSFW

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Aug 16, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

the video wont load for me, but i plan on getting a ps3, metal gear games cant be beat, plus i dont like most of the titles that come out for nintendo games ps3 will most likely still have the best games for online and single player ;D

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I refuse to pay nearly that much for a console.

4. spongeidys

yeah money is a big factor for alot of people, i think i might wait til i can get one for a decent price on ebay

5. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

PS3 starts at $499 and then $599:eek1: the Wii $250 and the Xbox360 at $399
    I got the Xbox360 and I will try to get the Wii but I'm not going to pay $599 for a PS3.I thought the Xbox was a lot.

The Wii your suppose to be able to play all Nintendo games and sega too

6. spongeidys

i peiced together an xbox 360 on ebay for about the same price as the core retail system, i got the console for cheap and a 20 gig hd for cheap alltogether it came out to around 300 bucks

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

They are thinking Wii may end up UNDER $200.

$600 for a console with no games, is simply outrageous. I could completely upgrade my computer(which I get more use out of) for that much.

As soon as I can I'm preordering a Wii, I want the new Zelda game.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Nintendo has pretty much sucked ever since the SNES. I'll get X-box 360 in probably another year or so. There will be a price reduction at some point in that time frame and then I'll buy. I still have lots of fun playing older x-box games that I get (that are new to me!)... so I have no problem waiting. $600 is a little crazy if you ask me. I guess Sony really doesn't want to have inferior hardware this go around. lol! I won't be paying that much. Maybe when the PS3 is $200 I'll bite. Not until then. All mass produced systems "get cheap" at some point, you just have to wait.

j

9. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

all ive got is a ps2. that money for the system and games is rediculous! it could be well spent in my truck. ill let my friend down the street who has every system ever made (he really does!) buy it so i can play for free :)

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Games have sucked. They've been very kiddy. If you ever play "Resident Evil 4" on the Gamecube, its a WAY better looking game on Gamecube vs. the PS2. Their technology has been up there and will continue to be, they just tailor to kids too much. Hopefully that will change with Wii. One of the first games is suppossed to be a badass FPS. The new Metroid and Zelda games are reason enough for me.

Not to mention, backwards compatible with Gamecube games(there are some good ones even if they are childish).

And it has built in emulators for consoles like, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and one obscure one I am forgetting, that you can access games in an online library and play on the Wii.