Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

psi gauge setup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, Mar 27, 2005.

1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

How did you guys rig up your psi gauge? what did you use? I have an 88 k5 with the 5/8 line fittings that screw into the tbi and a jegs 1/8 NPT fit gauge... can't figure out how to get it hooked up so i can keep it on all the time. I'm not familar with AN fittings either. Anybody running anything like this? What did you do it with?

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the line should be metric, not 5/8"

3. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

well its a 5/8, at least the 5/8 wrench fit it. what do you buy to be able to run it all the time and what size. its all stock 88 stuff so if im wrong then go by the stock size but i need to fit a 1/8 gauge in. i saw some stuff in jegs but im clueless about AN fittings... what size AN would i need for the line and tbi?

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

This thread has I believe is what you are wanting:

TBI adapter post

Just me, but except for testing purposes, running a fuel pressure tap all the time seems like an unnecessary risk/hassle. The times a fuel pressure gauge is needed are quite few IMO, and at that point, if you have the adapter and gauge, it could be added for testing purposes.

I know people do run them, but on a setup that you have "dialed in", it seems like it's not really going to be worthwhile. Could be wrong, but I personally don't like messing with fuel stuff any more than necessary for obvious reasons. If it's necessity, sure, if not, why risk it?