Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PSI question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigBoy truck, Mar 15, 2002.

1. BigBoy truck

BigBoy truck Registered Member

i was wondering if anyone used the 35x15.5 ssrs and what psi they used for on road and for off road (manly for mud)

2. BigBoy truck

BigBoy truck Registered Member

some ones gotta be running these things

3. René

René 1/2 ton status

In this size, I can find only the TSL/SX with a ply rating of 6. Its max. load is 2800 lbs at 30 psi. Normaly your blazer weights in front the same like in the rear (2750 lbs) so 15 psi should be enough for the weight of your blazer. But it's dangerous to drive with a pressure under 30 psi, because the tire can jump over the hump. In fakt you can't choose the right pressure and must live with an uncomfortable ride...

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I think you mean 35x14.50 since I don't think they come in 15.5. But anyhow I run 35x14.50's and on the street I run them at 34 psi. Seem to be doing good at that pressure but I might drop it just a bit. I have not aired them down yet so I can't help there. BTW the reccommended pressure is 35 psi for that size.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Normaly for mud I don't air down.
    I am nut running Swampers but they are M/T tires.
    Here I have 2 kinds of mud, the soupy stuff that goes everywher.
    Then there is the clay like crap that just makes a big donut out of any wheel.
    Tonight I was headed up to my after work spot, I like to have a couple when I get to the top.
    Someone with smaller tires than me had screwed it all up with boards and crap trying to get out it looked like.
    So I wa riding the ruts and fell off and went down the hill.
    3 am too.
    1/2 hr of screwing around backin up and tryn a new path I just got out, looked at the situation and aired down.
    Wound it out for a second to clear the tires , put er in 4 low and went on my way.
    Got to the top and had a couple of brews.