Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pssenger power window problems, HELP

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok heres my situation:
    my passenger side window, its a power window, it will only roll down 1/4 of the wat down, maybe 1/2 if im lucky, and i cant be rolling down any other windows when i do it. But if i push it down it will go down, or if i push it forward a little.
    i cant figure out the problem /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif because i greased the tracks and it still does it, i greased them about a month ago, any ideas? what could it be? should i use a certain type of grease?
    oh yea, and when i roll it up, it rolls up FAST its the fastest window to roll up.
    thanks for any help yall can give me /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

it sounds like something is getting knocked out of alignment when you roll it down. take the door panel off and make sure that none of your wires are getting caught on the regulator. also, try to clean the gear out on your window motor. dirt and crap can build up in there.

3. Khi5in

Khi5in Registered Member

This happened to me recently too. All my windows did the same thing. Lubing the regulator helped only after I cleaned them with degreaser. While you got the panels off check the bolts connecting the motor to the panel if loose they will cause the window to move slightly off track and bind while trying to go down. use grease for the regulator and some kind of silicone spray for the felt and rubber window guides( the ones that the glass rides in). worked for me.

4. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

It could be just a tired old window motor. My pass. side window does the same thing. I plan on replacing them both.