Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PSSSSSST!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Apr 25, 2003.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here's what my garage floor is looking like as of today:
    [​IMG]
    It's like christmas opening up the boxes of D60 parts. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    Got my 4:56 gears, master install kit, short side inner axle shaft (non neck down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif )
    Finally got an un-opened ARB with all the parts from fourwheelparts the 3rd time around! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    ...Already rebuilt the kingpins. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm waiting on my 1350 yoke from high angle driveline, need to get those inner carrier seals from the dealership #GM462857, then i'm going to visit my friend to help me set up the ARB & gears. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Today, i'm getting new rotors and wheel studs, pressing em in the hubs, & New spindle bearings pressed in the back of the spindles...
    35 spline outer kit is coming next week.

Good lord this is a money pit. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Wow!! Very Nice!!
    Christmas in April!!
    Way cool, Ryan!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I wish I had those parts under my tree. Santa where are you? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Anyways, Cool I bet you can't wait to get it all together and have some fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Yer making us all drool!

6. Ryan B.

Thanks guys.. Yep i can't wait to try this stuff out...
    Even before i bought a blazer 4 years ago, and before I found CK5 I knew that I wanted a first gen K5, and I wanted to build up 1 ton axles for it... the beefiest i could go.
    This website just gives me the sickness even worse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I already got my 14ff built up and ready to go in.
    I picked up the 14 bolt for $100, now it's completly rebuilt with like $1200 into it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif 4:56's, detroit locker, new bearings and seals throughout, disk brakes... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    I even got new wheel studs for the 14ff/D60. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

This is more like a year long, $5K axle swap though... I'm the kind of person where i want to do everything myself, right the first time... and not have to go back and re-do anything.

Pretty soon it's just gonna be rims and tires i'm waiting for.

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

mine as of yesterday..now its under the blazer, I did every thing you did except I have a gov lock now /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif...better than open I guess /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

Quit slacking and get it together already /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This website just gives me the sickness even worse.[\quote]

Man, you are sick! Holy cow!

(But you know we're all just jealous!)

9. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Dude, that looks like an awful mess you have there.

What do you say I come down there and clean all that stuff out of your garage for you, free of charge?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that ain't a D60 front though. [​IMG]

I could have already slapped some 3/4 ton axles under there... but i'm going all out. It will be worth the wait.

11. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

Jeeze~! Look at that thing shine!

Someday i'll build myself a sick blazer with all the fixins (14ff, D60, ARB's or an e-locker to both, etc...). Someday........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. supersize75

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that ain't a D60 front though. [​IMG]

I could have already slapped some 3/4 ton axles under there... but i'm going all out. It will be worth the wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I know, I just figure I have 2 sets of spare shafts for the d44 so no biggie, I didnt have 5 grand, I went 8 lug and put a 14 bolt in the rear did every thing and new rims for under 2 grand, and what would I do with a d60, the d44 Iis doing a good job holding the floor down already /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Supersize, what'd you paint that axle with?

RyanB, that's really awesome. I wish my garage had one of those sitting in it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. Ryan B.

Yep if ya got another d44 laying around might as well build it up and bolt it in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

With 3:73's and 35's I'm going through a 12b ring and pinion every year or two, I'm on my 3rd one in 4 years.... I've busted a rear 12b axle before, and a front D44 axle last wheelin trip... I want lower gears and bigger tires ~37's or 38's... So it's Time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. supersize75

So am I doing ok, with 4.56 all around, a 14 bolt rear with a tron disk's, and gov-locked front and back? For drive train I have a mild BB 396 and a t-400 with a 203, I am currently hunting down a 205, to go with the dubler, and I now have a flat top knucle so cross over and hydro are on the drawlin board too. It will be caged before I get to wheel it though, I am also hunting around for a cv rear, and no mommy and daddy diddn't help, not bad for 18 eh /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

I painted the axel with cheap .99 cent stuff, I just used industrial strenth zep degreaser and made shure I preped it right. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh, hey Ryan, before I forget....

You suck monkey sack..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

lucky SOB!!!! will it be done for blazer fest?

18. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

SUPERSIZE75 what kind of paint did you use that think is SHINNY /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif