Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Psychics...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by neubanksc5, Dec 30, 2005.

1. neubanksc5

neubanksc5 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm going to a psychic tomorrow for ****s and giggles. My parents have seen the same psychic before and they were impressed considering they were "non-believers" .... anyone ever been to a psychic? what are your thoughts on the matter? I'll let yall know tomorrow how it goes...

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I went to a physicist once, I didn't know what the hell that dood was talkin bout....:p:

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Don;t give them ANYTHING to go on and see how they do, and point out if they use broad generalities

4. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I'm a scientist with a background in mathematics and physics and I'm from Missouri, so you really have to show me. If it can't be proven, I don't believe in any of that crap.

That being said, I have a buddy that has tried to quit smoking. He tried everything and it didn't work. So, when his wife suggested going to a psychic to get hypnotized to quit smoking, he said wtf, it can't hurt. He went and now the smell of cigarette smoke makes him want to vomit. He said even getting in his truck to go home from the session, he had to have his wife drive because he couldn't stand the smell. He hasn't smoked in over a year.

5. neubanksc5

neubanksc5 1/2 ton status

well, I cant say that I was totally impressed, but she said a few things which rung true.. Said she sees me living somewhere cold and mountainous, which I've been trying to get orders to Alaska. She said I have strong legs which is true, but about 6 weeks ago told my mom that I had a bad right knee, which is also true. Said my old man was looking for a job/career change which is also true, and she told him that 6 weeks ago that he'd be doing something different/working somewhere else in 6 days/6 weeks/or 6 years...well, today my father went in to either quit his job or change who his boss is. he has a president on the committe that oversees where he works. the pres just took over a bit ago and has driven just about all the employees to quit, so, should be interesting to see what happens when my old man gets home....other general stuff though, said I was gonna find me a smart,skinny woman with a great smile , who might already have a kid, some time in the next 6 months to a year and shes gonna be the "one" and we're gonna have two kids... said im gonna own property/a house in the future , which Im sure is true for about 98% of people , also said that im gonna get a new vehicle sometime in the next few years, which Im sure is also true for most people, though my 87 k5 is the newest thing ive ever owned and I have been looking at getting something '01 or newer lately..

so, i think they say alot of broad ideas/possibilities that might ring true for anyone. but on the other hand, she said a few things which are unique to me, which maybe she just got lucky. she did however talk about God and how she says we should ask him for guidance and whatnot. I didnt think psychics/card readers really dealt with God, but I guess they're all different....