Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PTO driven hydraulic pump and some other ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hack500, Oct 15, 2006.

1. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I lightly searched for some of these key words and didn't really find the info I was looking for. the amount that I know about PTO's could fill up a fruit-fly's bedpan.

so since I've lost complete faith in my old winch I came across a MM hydraulic winch for a couple hundred, didn't buy it yet, but did buy a (chelsea)Dana PTO that was told it came off a chevy pickup today for $20 that appears to be in usable shape.

I'm guessing it's either for an sm465, np205 or np203. is there a way to know exactly which one? or will they all interchange... it's a 6-bolt type and has an angle cut gear with a 1.25" shaft w/ key. anyone with some experience know how much trouble it will be to attach a hydraulic pump to this? or if someone knows of some other websites to read up on this stuff and would kindly pass it along it would be much appreciated.

these are the numbers on the tag that's currently attached to the PTO.
    41dmhw(?) c4 g
    m678

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pretty sure '203's don't have a PTO output, and '205's do... thus the third round plate on the back, the little one with three bolts.

OTOH, I know less about PTO than you do =))

-- A

3. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

the little plate on the 205 is a shaft support. the PTO port is the 6"x3" plate on the side. what people commonly refer to an inspection cover........well thats a PTO port.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, I stand corrected, and discover that I know less than I thought :)

-- A

5. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

thats alright, this is what a classic Chelsea PTO looks like.............

caveat......they come in just about a billion different configurates with pump mount, rotation, 6 bolt 8 bolt 10 bolt base mounts, a dozen different control options.....

[​IMG]