Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PTOs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 6.2puller, Dec 31, 2005.

1. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

So does anyone here know anything about PTO units? Got any links to info on them? I was at the JY the other day and picked up a couple 5 gallon buckets full of PTO units. Not sure what they are worth or if anyone can use them but I was hoping to find some info on them so I can clean them up and sell them.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

what brands...?

If you know the manufacturer,some have pretty good websites with lots of info..seen a few posts like this here before,and someone gave links to one site..I forget the name of the company.."Chelsea" maybe??..

I've seen lots of PTO's,and used them on several trucks to drive hydraulic pumps on dump bodies,and our ramp truck had a PTO winch with forward and reverse..but I never had to mess with the internals on one yet..just bolted them on and they worked!..

3. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

The three that I have cleaned up so far are from the Detroit Harvester Comp Det Mich.
    One of those has a helicol single gear like a NP205 unti should. I think I am going to just try it on one of my spare 205s. One of them should fit something I have :D

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I smell a trail-ready Blender project coming up......:D :haha: