Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PU bed swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BSav, Jul 1, 2003.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

Nov 4, 2002
    I'm trying to build up a 78 GMC 3/4 ton PU, The bed has some rot on the underneath cross members and around the wheel wells as well as some dents. I have a friend who just blew the engine in his 84 chevy 3/4 ton PU. His bed is in better shape only some light rot over ane wheel well. Both trucks have dual side gas tanks. Can I swap just the beds and leave his tanks out and put my tanks in on acount that his engine is throatle body injected and mine is carbarated or does this matter. Your help would be a big help.
    thanks Brian Sav
  2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Nov 29, 2001
    Just depends if he has the fuel pumps in the tanks or not.... but i dont see why it doesnt work....
  3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Jan 7, 2002
    It's a direct swap, no problem. As for the tanks, they are bolted to the frame so there is no need to mess with them.

FYI - the tail light harness unplugs at the rear of the frame and don't forget to unbolt the gas filler necks (and possibly the rear axle vent hose) from the bed.