Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Oct 9, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Ok guys, I am posting this for general health and well being.

I had a patient come in today, he woke up to go pee this AM and as hes walkin to the bathroom felt like he got kicked in the testicles. He peed and limped back to bed...he dealt with this pain for 8 hours before deciding 'maybe i should be looked at'..for 8 hours he laid in bed tryin to keep confortable cuz it hurt to even touch em. He had whats called testicular torsion- its when one testicle gets wrapped around the other. It essentially cuts off circulation to the testes and aside from hurting really bad it will kill (literally) your nuts. It is a medical emergency, and needs to be dealt with quickly. So, if your walkin along and feel sudden pain (not from heavy lifting-that'd be a hernia and doesn't hurt that bad) and it won't go away...get seen! Don't let fear of doctors prevent you from keepin the boys safe! That is all.

can you say OUCH?!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif he was in surgery last I checked.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I just felt my stomach twist.
    That would be harsh! May I ask how one would get there little guys wrapped around each other /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they are just floating and hanging down there and are free to move around, roll around during the night I could see it happening.

4. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thank you for the "heads up" notice! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my buddy had that happen to him in boot camp, while he was running, looked like it hurt pretty bad /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they are just floating and hanging down there and are free to move around, roll around during the night I could see it happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess your right, thanks.

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

just made me wince reading bout it! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

sounds kind of like when i had my DOUBLE HURNIA-i woke up to go to the pisser and my righty was swolen larger than an apple-went to the dr that day, and they wanted me to have emergency surgery right then-they origanally thought it was a singlr-and turned out to be a double-kind of funny-i had to push a pillow down on the cut for a week so i could walk and dont think about coughing or going #2-OUCH /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif