Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

puffin

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Guss, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Guss

Guss Registered Member

well i was talking about redoing the heads on the blazer and today when i started it guess what happened??? yep chevy puff. not cool if theres anything i despise more when im broke is knowing my truck needs work.
    and you all know you cant do the top end on 120k miles and not redo the bottom unless i let my grandma drive for me.

2. Guss

Guss Registered Member

can antone tell me how long ill get out of these heads w/ umbrella seals
    had a 327 that only lasted about 3000 miles frome the time i noticed the puffs of blue in the mornings until it became a full time smoker.

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Put a can of "Restore" in it now. I had a car with 152K and that snake oil got rid of the puff.

4. gmcjimmy90

gmcjimmy90 Registered Member

use lucas

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

yeah you can, 120k isn't anything now days with todays lubricants and such, as long as you keep up the maintenence, you'll be fine

hell, mine has 229k on it, and has been smokin at start-up ever since i bought it, still runs good though, so i leave it alone.

I just understand though, it's an engine in a big heavy truck, not in a light weight car built for performance. Just take care of it, quit beating on it, and it WILL last for quite some time.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  6. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

'84 350 4bbl, 339,000 on the ticker, NEVER been opend up, (never even had the heads off)
    smoked @ every start up sinse about 275,000. Not a full time smoker, and I'm not gentle with it either. Just keep up on the oil changes (religiously) and it SHOULD run fine.

PS: I know that this sounds like BS (I wouldn't beleave those #'s either) But I have all the paper work on this truck from 1984 to 2005, right down to the build slip& BOS(cash) from the dealer :eek1:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005