Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

puking oil into the tbi

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, Jan 24, 2007.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

blowing smoke up through the tbi while running like a blue smoke and you see the motor sucking it in you rev the motor up and a whole lot comes out and it sucks it in

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Ummmmm, English?

3. chvymudin3388

uhm its puking oil out of the driver side breather tube going into the tbi. i havent seen it spit oil in it yet but its all over the top of the tbi. ive seen it blow the blue smoke like crazy.

4. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

check your pcv, and make sure the port for the pcv at the tbi isn't plugged

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Remove the oil fill cap and start the engine. If you feel air blowing out of the valve cover, then you have a serious blowby problem. The only fix for that is a rebuild. :(

6. chvymudin3388

ill try it in the morning and by blow by do you mean in the heads or the piston rings and i just rebuilt this motor like 3,000 miles ago. new ringd head job all new seats all new bearings and honing of the cylinders

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Blowby is combustion pressure getting past the rings and down into the crankcase. Not a good thing. :(

8. MaxPF

MaxPF 1/2 ton status

Were the cylinders just honed, or bored and then honed? I've seen a lot of rebuilds where the tapered, out-of-round bores were ball honed, a new set of rings thrown in, and they run it. The result is predictable - poor compression and lots of blowby :doah:. Ball hone rebuilds only work if the motor is low-mileage and has no taper or out-of roundness in the cylinder. Anyway, it sounds like a lot of blowby to me as well. Even if the PCV is plugged a healthy motor shouldn't spew that much oil or smoke from the breather tube...

9. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

I think that "rebuilt" motors are much more likely to have blow-by issues than stock motors with high mileage. There are tons of people that either do half assed rebuilds or have actually never rebuilt it and claim that it has had a rebuild.

10. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Check the PCV system first, though. It's easy enough to check (and fix).

11. chvymudin3388

lovely .. i tihnk ill go cry like a baby lol its got blow by bad it shoots past your fingers out of the oil fill:(

12. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Could be worse...You could have had a motor built, then added performance heads, cam, and intake, installed by a friend that "knew" what he is doing, and less than 3k miles later have a blown head gasket because the friend didnt torque the heads right and used RTV on the head gasket. Oh yeah, it blew a couple days before I moved over 1000 miles. :doah:

Did you at least get a warranty or did you do it all yourself? If you dont have a warranty, have your next motor built by a good shop that will give you a warranty and go bigger.:pimp:

13. chvymudin3388

well the part that sucks the most is i was fixing to sell the truck as much as i dont want to... and im broke and cant afford the rebuild. all i really need to do is go back in have the block bored and put in new pistons and rings everything else is new.

14. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Never happens at a convenient time. Good luck man.

BTW where is orange grove?

15. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Measure the bores (or have them measured) before you go dropping coin on new parts. It might be something simple (and dumb) like all the ring gaps lined up or something.

Do a compression check before you tear it apart and see what the numbers look like.

Always start with the simple things first.

And still check out your PCV system.

16. chvymudin3388

its like 30 miles south of corpus christi which is like around 200 south of houston