Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulled a fire truck with my pickup today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Tonite at the firehall, I decide to fire my equipment truck that has been having some personal issues. We wont get into that. lol. So I jump it off with my pickup and take off in it to charge the battery up.

The truck is a 78 Dodge ton, 4x4 duallie. Lot heavier then i gave it credit for.

Anyways, we make it about 500 yards from the firehall and it quits..kapooie...thats it...wont start or anything.

So this is where it gets good, some how my truck gets volunteered to pull this big dern truck to the shop to get worked on. "Alright, Not a problem" I say as we are hookin up the chains.

Take off down the road in it, me drivin buddy in the fire truck steering. Get to the shop and cant make it up the hill, its gravel and i'm doin a burn out tryin to get up the hill. Lock it in 4-lo an take it right up the hill. Un hook it an head back to the fire hall.

So this is where my stunt driving comes into play /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I realize i left my cell phone in the truck, so i head back up to the shop to get it. Remember the big dern hill from earlier? As I crest the hill, that ole dodge chooses this exact moment to realize its out of gear, and can roll backwards.

Much to my suprise and shock when i top the hill, here is that dodge comeing towards me with 3 mechanics tryin to get to it an stop it.

So after screamin a few chose curse words, the mechanics swear i sounded like a 10 year old girl screaming, but we wont get into that. I slam it in reverse, and go backwards down the hill FAST, as fast as you can go in reverse and not blow the motor.

So i'm sling shottin looking backwards to see where i'm goin, and forwards to check the status of the dodge who seems hell bent on payin me back for towin it up there.

When i finally get to the bottom of the hill that dodge is no more then 3 foot from me and GAINING quickly. I cut the wheel HARD, and the front end slides around, end up doing a reverse 180. That dang truck still took out my drivers side mirror. I screamed then too. lol

How come nobody has a video camera when stuff like this happens to me. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Anyways, that was my nite. Thought i would share.

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Re: Just got to read it....lol.....

Man that sucks. I dont need no video though, I can see it perfectly in my head right now. Must of been quite a experience

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Awesome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

The mechanics said it was cool as [darn] seein it....even though they thought they were about to see some major carnage. lol.

Still dont think i screamed like a girl...... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Still dont think i screamed like a girl......

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif cmon now. just admit ya did. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif $hit i would have too. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

wow thats crazy /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif