Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pulled out a FX4 Ford

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by blazenwhip, Apr 22, 2007.

1. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Went out to Table Mesa today. Got to the lake and there was a 3/4 diesel FX4 quad cab Ford stuck to the axles in the mud. There were two other 3/4 ton 4X4's one Chevy and another Dodge that couldn't get him unstuck. The Dodge even had a winch and still couldn't pull it out. They eventually asked me to help shortly after getting there. I hooked up my Harbor Freight 8K winch with snatch block and dug the rear wheels in and it started pulling it a little. Then it was too much so I put my truck into reverse combined with the winch and then I got him out to the amazement of many. Apparently he'd been there for a few hours.
    Melanie was holding the dog during, and alot of people came up to her and said how bad ass my truck was, especially after getting him out.

Just thought I'd brag a little.

Dustin

2. skrillla

skrillla Registered Member

Good job, i bet he was happy for even a chevy to get him out. BTW any pics of the area were you were at? im trying to get to the place but i keep end up getting lost and cant findt he area everyone is talking about at tablemesa rd

3. Desert Yeti

Desert Yeti 1/2 ton status

Well done! :D

4. blazenwhip

blazenwhip 1/2 ton status

Just stay to the left on the main road. You'll come to a corral where there is a self pay station ($5/vehicle) Once you reach the river (really low and dry in most places right now) follow it to the left and you'll hit the lake within 3/4 mile.